CWE Testing Client

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

Dot

Re: CWE Testing Client

Post by Dot »

For the avoidance of doubt, the shard I was referring to is a small, private shard for early stages of testing -- not Minkata or any other key public shard.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Ah, yes... Do avoid trying out an internal client on other shards. Given that you have a MOSS setup script, I think that's not an issue though.
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

I'd first have to figure out why my MOSS shard isn't working, but whatever.
I currently don't have Visual Studio 2003, so I don't think I can compile an internal client from OpenUru.org (correct me if more recent versions of Visual Studio will work). The CWE client from GoW seems to have an option for it, though, so I guess I'll use that one instead.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

I think that should work. If you're unable to get the client to compile (for whatever reason), then you can try branan's ready-made executables.
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Don't I need to build the client with my keys? I can't read them otherwise (well, I can't because I don't know how).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

rarified wrote: I would like to request that you refrain from using internal (or other altered) clients on the Minkata shard.
I'd like to expand on this by saying that as a courtesy it would be best to only ever use the Internal client on your own personal shard, or shards where you have been given explicit permission to do so. This tool is a potentially powerful one; using it on a Live server would be irresponsible for an inexperienced explorer.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Lyrositor wrote:Don't I need to build the client with my keys? I can't read them otherwise (well, I can't because I don't know how).
In the H-uru fork, you just need to drop a server.ini file into the game directory with the keys. MercAngel made a tool that will produce this file from whatever output MOSS generates. viewtopic.php?f=94&t=578
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for!
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

My internal client is working on my MOSS shard! I've been trying out fly mode, and it's pretty fun. Any other commands that could be interesting?
By the way, has anybody though about setting up a "play shard" where everybody is given an internal client and must attempt to wreak havoc on the world around him, while all the other players are doing the exact same thing?
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

It'd last about 10 seconds before a couple of wise guys start booting everybody else off the server :? .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “Suggestions”