How would deep linking be received?

Ask away

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

rarified

How would deep linking be received?

Post by rarified »

Now that the Wiki has been started, I was going to go ahead and begin a top level documentation page.

Besides putting together an organizational layout for the stuff, I was contemplating including links relevent to different topics directly to other sites (including Guild wikis and forums).

But not being familiar with the personalities involved, I don't know how linking to other teams information would be received.

Dot, or other longer term guildmembers, do you think there would be negative ramifications of including such links? I'm not wanting to step on personality or political toes here.
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Dot

Re: How would deep linking be received?

Post by Dot »

GoMa would have no problem with these sorts of links to their own forums and wiki. We really do want to work with the community to help build Open Source Uru for the benefit of all explorers. Linking information in this way could well save time and avoid duplicated effort.

I can't speak for other guilds, of course, nor for non-guild-affiliated groups and individuals.
Papa G

Post by Papa G »

I have to agree with dot. If they don't want it, simply remove the link.
Is this for ethical or seo reasons?
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

My view is that once you publish something on a publicly accessible internet site, then you have to expect people to link to it. It's the fundamental nature of the web. Copying things from another website or creating links that bypass password protected folders is a different matter, but just creating links to the original, public material has to be OK.

If you don't want someone to see it, don't publish it ;) .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “Questions”