MOUL Forums Inaccessible to Paying Member

Ask away

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

nobodyz

MOUL Forums Inaccessible to Paying Member

Post by nobodyz »

This post is to ask about the issue with getting back into the Myst Online Forums at http://mystonline.com/forums/. Since I cannot get IN or get a reset password or get enough access to follow the advice the site gives me ("Please contact the forum administrator for more information") because to do so....yeah, you guessed it, you have to be able to LOG IN! And it won't let me log in. My browser saves my passwords, and trust me it's the right password.
I'd be fine if I was given the option of being emailed a new password, but that option is not given.

All I need is an answer from SOMEONE.

According to the automated answers from the board itself, if you don't post and just search and read, they just wipe you out. Great. So no matter what I type in it says the username doesn't match the email because they wiped me out. But I can't use my email to re-register because they say "Sorry, that email is already registered". Yeah! Because it's MINE!!!!

This is a catch-22 to say the least. Will SOMEONE please be responsible over there? And if you guys help me here, you're nothing but sweet and kind because I know this is not your business here. I'm sorry I resorted to this, and perhaps it is a waste of time. I'll wait and see.

I can't get help anywhere. Right now I don't see why I should send one more penny to this project. And I also don't see why I shouldn't spread the caution around ... maybe even blog about it. I shouldn't have written here, but I keep HOPING I can resolve this without having to go public and let folks know this is a rip off. They take your money and it only gets worse. They take your money but they won't let you log in. They wipe out your log in ability but not your registered email so you can't log in and you can't delete your account and you can't get a new password and you can't do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Q: Bottom Line: How does one contact a Forum Administrator for help logging in when one can't log in but it is necessary to log in to contact said Forum Administrator?

I'm really beginning to hate MOUL...though the game itself is good.....I hate the way the forums are run, the ridiculous wipe out of accounts without notice, not to mention glitches enough to make a game out of by themselves. I'd like to not feel this way, and if you have answers to any of the aforementioned problems, I'd really appreciated hearing from you. Thank you.

And my apologies if I've just done it all wrong and you have to take a few simple seconds out of your day to trash what I've written because I dared to write it in a place it blatantly does not belong. If that happens, I know what to do next. Dump the game and dump on it. And the worst part is you people here have nothing or very little to do with that site as far as I know. But this is what is left me. I've searched and searched and searched and searched at http://mystonline.com/forums/ to no avail. I only find the "rules" about how many ways and for how many reasons (only one is for abusive or disruptive behavior which is understandable) they get to just WIPE OUT your account. But they don't, see. If they did, they wouldn't keep telling me that my email is already registered. I KNOW THAT.

If I could even search help there and get it, I wouldn't be posting here. Really I wouldn't. I couldn't think of any other way to get help. I cannot find a "Contact Us" anywhere on the aforementioned site. Again, my apologies for polluting this site with such ridiculous stuff, but this is my last try.

Then I'll be done. Thank you all for your patience.
Doobes

Re: MOUL Forums Inaccessible to Paying Member

Post by Doobes »

Your best bet would be to PM Mac_Fife on this forum, as he is also a moderator on the MOUL forums. He may be able to help you, or at least get you in touch with someone who can.
KI Numbers: Doobes - 6302
semplerfi

Post by semplerfi »

You can always submit a support request.

On checking the Cyan Support website (link can be found here http://mystonline.com/en/about) it looks like they are having registration issues.
http://support.cyanworlds.com
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

On the mystonline.com forums, the first place we'd expect anyone to look for help regarding the forums themselves is in the "Information & Resource Center" section: The top sticky post there, titled "Please join Explorers group to post" contains an email address for the webmaster (although it's usually Chogon who picks up those emails rather than the "webmaster", i.e. Rand).

The email address is also contained in the information pages you are presented with during account creation, but no-one ever reads those.

Forum password resets, new registrations and changes of email address are currently plagued by a problem relating to verification emails not being sent to the user - this is mentioned in the "Failed sending email :: PHP :: when registering" post (that post also contains the webmaster email). This is predominantly an issue related to the hosting service and not of Cyan's making. Fixing it will apparently cost money, so it's not likely to happen in the near future. All of the actions mentioned require the account to be activated or re-activated using a link provided in the email, so if you don't get that email (and it's hit'n'miss whether they get sent or not) then you get stuck in limbo with a "deactivated" account and it needs to be manually activated by Chogon. Moderators can't do that themselves.

You mention "getting back into the Myst Online Forums"... I take it you mean then that you previously had an account there? If so, it wasn't under the username you've used here (there is a roughly similar one on the MOUL forums, but it was only created on March 4th). If you've tried to create other new accounts then please make sure you detail those in your email and specify which account name you actually want to use, as the MOUL forums only permit one account per user.

Edit: The support site, as semplerfi notes above, is apparently also affected by the same email problem (at least according to a note I got from T'ori to that effect a few weeks back), making just as hard to register a new account there as it is in the forums :roll:
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
nobodyz

Post by nobodyz »

Mac_Fife wrote:On the mystonline.com forums, the first place we'd expect anyone to look for help regarding the forums themselves is in the "Information & Resource Center" section: The top sticky post there, titled "Please join Explorers group to post" contains an email address for the webmaster (although it's usually Chogon who picks up those emails rather than the "webmaster", i.e. Rand).

The email address is also contained in the information pages you are presented with during account creation, but no-one ever reads those.

Forum password resets, new registrations and changes of email address are currently plagued by a problem relating to verification emails not being sent to the user - this is mentioned in the "Failed sending email :: PHP :: when registering" post (that post also contains the webmaster email). This is predominantly an issue related to the hosting service and not of Cyan's making. Fixing it will apparently cost money, so it's not likely to happen in the near future. All of the actions mentioned require the account to be activated or re-activated using a link provided in the email, so if you don't get that email (and it's hit'n'miss whether they get sent or not) then you get stuck in limbo with a "deactivated" account and it needs to be manually activated by Chogon. Moderators can't do that themselves.

You mention "getting back into the Myst Online Forums"... I take it you mean then that you previously had an account there? If so, it wasn't under the username you've used here (there is a roughly similar one on the MOUL forums, but it was only created on March 4th). If you've tried to create other new accounts then please make sure you detail those in your email and specify which account name you actually want to use, as the MOUL forums only permit one account per user.

Edit: The support site, as semplerfi notes above, is apparently also affected by the same email problem (at least according to a note I got from T'ori to that effect a few weeks back), making just as hard to register a new account there as it is in the forums :roll:
:!: May the gods bless you!!!! :!: I read the sites you noted (wow, thank you for the time it took to put your very helpful response to me together!) and will save the information. I have written the webmeister as you suggested and will patiently await a reply, now that I've been properly informed of the snafu currently going on with not getting those confirmation emails back. Yes, I joined an Explorer group or 3 and had not received any email regarding it, so I was thinking I could just log in...like many other forums. And yes, I joined March 4th, so I think you found me. I made sure to specify the account name of that when I wrote Chogon. Thank you for that invaluable tip and link!
:D
Thank you so much, Mac_Fife! Your kindness and generosity of spirit will not be forgotten. I really did not believe anyone would tolerate the outrage of my writing on the wrong set of forums with this issue and am so amazed to see the response. Yours happened to have the most immediately helpful information so i jumped on it first but will read the others as well.

May you have all you need,
nobodyz
nobodyz

Post by nobodyz »

Doobes wrote:Your best bet would be to PM Mac_Fife on this forum, as he is also a moderator on the MOUL forums. He may be able to help you, or at least get you in touch with someone who can.
Thank you Doobes! Looks like either you or your post "PM'd" Mac_Fife for me as he answered me. And it was thoroughly helpful so your idea was right on.

I appreciate your taking time with this for me. I didn't really expect an answer at all, so I am grateful.

-nobodyz
nobodyz

Post by nobodyz »

semplerfi wrote:You can always submit a support request.

On checking the Cyan Support website (link can be found here http://mystonline.com/en/about) it looks like they are having registration issues.
http://support.cyanworlds.com
Thank you, semplerfi, for your links. I have bookmarked them so I can peruse them whenever the log in problem is taken care of.
All I can browse at this point is 31 posts relating to iphone or ipad issues, neither of which is mine. I use a PC and that is where all this is happening. I bet I'll be able to see a lot more though once I get back in. That will apparently be a while, as you mentioned due to their registration issues. Since I just registered in March of this year, that's probably why I'm having trouble. Also even more help has been offered me on this topic and I'm very grateful to all of you who listened and responded so intelligently and kindly.

Appreciate your help, your time, and your effort.

-nobodyz

Return to “Questions”