What forum rule did Kaelis break exactly?

Ask away

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

semplerfi

What forum rule did Kaelis break exactly?

Post by semplerfi »

Granted, what Kaelis said came off as insensitive, but what forum rule did he break exactly?

The forum rules:
1. Do no damage.
2. Interpret rule 1 with the broadest scope of inclusion for people, places, things, encouragement, and personal well-being.
To quote some one else who asks it better than me:
Was what he said considered damaging? he didn't coddle them or say anything light hearted and flowery, but at the same time he didn't say anything that would be considered wishing them any sort of ill will either.
On a personal level I am disturbed by this being perceived and considered damaging.
janaba

Re: What forum rule did Kaelis break exactly?

Post by janaba »

Semplerfi, I can understand your concern and I believe we should overlook or forgive this maybe ... :P

When I saw Kaelis comment I also thought: O_o, hey Kaelis what is this? Yeah, cause this was absolutely
inappropriate and insensitive in view of the gravity of the situation, but I thought immediately that he
isn't like that inside ... Yes, he reacts or expresses himself sometimes a bit blatant but also authentically
and straight which might come across insensitive ...

I believe, some people just have a different and sometimes strange or odd way of showing commitment ...

Of course, I don't really know if this is actually the case here, but however, I'm always and all for giving
the benefit of the doubt and everybody is always worth to be forgiven ... and nobody is perfect after all ... :D

But that is just me and I expect noone to feel, think or act alike ...
There are unwritten rules, Semplerfi, and I respect those reacting according to them as well ... :)
semplerfi

Post by semplerfi »

janaba wrote:There are unwritten rules
In a global multi cultured community as ours it is these 'unwritten' rules that do us more harm than good because for each culture they are different.

[edit1 - added]
I have extended family in the area that has already lost their home with personal injury. Our world is a much smaller place than most folks will ever know and or understand.
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

semplerfi wrote:
janaba wrote:There are unwritten rules
In a global multi cultured community as ours it is these 'unwritten' rules that do us more harm than good because for each culture they are different.

[edit1 - added]
I have extended family in the area that has already lost their home with personal injury. Our world is a much smaller place than most folks will ever know and or understand.
Off topic, I know.

Semplerfi, I can't speak to the first matter, but I can to the second. My empathy to your family and to their recovery -- I hope they are/will be OK. I have a brother in Colorado as well; fortunately he isn't near the fire. We watched neighbors here in Iowa sink in to the river in 2008, and friends of mine are in the floods in Florida. You are so right about this small world.
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
janaba

Post by janaba »

Semplerfi wrote:Our world is a much smaller place than most folks will ever know and or understand
Yes, we are all in this together and so we are not alone, that is important to believe and to know,
and I believe more and more are starting to realize this ... Love and Blessings to you ALL ... :)
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

For purpose of this thread, and to quote what exactaly what he said here:
kaelisebonrai wrote:Gee... aren't we glad there are BitBucket Repos?
This was said in the context of rarified's situation and was a real slap in the face, based on the fact that OpenUru took as long as it did to open a Bitbucket Repo.

That, and the fact that he never has anything nice to say, not always but hardly ever, when he makes a forum post anymore, coupled with his previous warnings about a possible ban, I fell was reason enough for them to do it. From what I can see, he broke rule #2 in the broadest possible sense (As it could be damaging to rarified's emotions during his current predicament.).

I do agree with you two though, if he gets it together than I'd be more than happen to carry on forums threads with him. :) But that type of speech on this, or any other forum, has no business being said.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Return to “Questions”