Relevant threads in other forums

Open: Focusing On "Big Picture" Technical Practicalities To Get Open Uru Online

Moderator: System Concepts Managers

Dot

Relevant threads in other forums

Post by Dot »

The MOUL forum has been reorganised so that the Open Source MOUL Technical discussion is gathered in a single place: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=44

Please feel free to add specific links to threads/posts in other forums below, as you spot them.
Dot

Re: Relevant threads in other forums

Post by Dot »

From viewtopic.php?p=263#p263
Nalates wrote:GoW is making an outline of the steps needed to bring a game server online.
GoW - Open Source Uru Plans, the GOW perspective (See first post for updated outline)

There is some duplication but there are also some items there I do not see here.

:? The financial and legal liabilities listed there will be a major issue if the servers do not scale to something that can be run on a home server and connection. Once we collect money to fund a 'group' supported server, donations or fees, we have a whole other set of issues to handle.
GoMa also has a wide ranging discussion on a GoMa testing shard.

Braggi's research on server and payment options in other gaming communities is being reported here: http://www.guildofmaintainers.org/Forum ... f=6&t=1139.
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

It's hard to know what is included and what is not... If this is redundant, I can delete it.
We talked about this a lot, particularly RW, me and Rusty_Russell. Let me see if I can find some threads.

Here's one - where we talked about the issues with distributed system. There are other threads. You even participated, Eleri.
Distributed System
(Post reference)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Mod Note: Nalates' "MOUL/MOOS security" post has been moved to the Security: Trusting the servers topic.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “System Concepts”