Project Information (Obsolete)

A Multi-Age Expansion To Uru

Moderator: David's Journey Managers

Mac_Fife

Re: Project Information

Post by Mac_Fife »

It seems to me that the only issue here is over the use of term "NDA" , which seems to have become the standard phrase used to describe anything used to "protect" privileged information, irrespective of whether it is really a legally binding contract or simply a "gentleman's agreement". With hindsight, rather than saying "sign NDAs" it may have been wiser to say something like "acknowledge privacy agreements", but as one of the QA guys at work said to me last week "he who never made a mistake, never made anything".

So long as Gehn and his collaborators share the same understanding of what it means, it doesn't really matter, so please, let's not bicker about it - there are more important things in life 8-) .
realXCV

Post by realXCV »

if you take the term NDA directly it's: nda = non-disclosure agreement = don't say too much about it.
Gehn, lord of ages

Post by Gehn, lord of ages »

Mac_Fife wrote:It seems to me that the only issue here is over the use of term "NDA" , which seems to have become the standard phrase used to describe anything used to "protect" privileged information, irrespective of whether it is really a legally binding contract or simply a "gentleman's agreement". With hindsight, rather than saying "sign NDAs" it may have been wiser to say something like "acknowledge privacy agreements", but as one of the QA guys at work said to me last week "he who never made a mistake, never made anything".
If I got a dollar each time my phrasing lead to rampant confusion... I wouldn't be Bill Gates, but I wouldn't be a poor man either.

So yes, perhaps the better way of phrasing it would be "acknowledge privacy agreements". These are not deep corporate legal terrors, they're more of the "gentleman's agreement" MacFife mentioned. Now can we move on? We still need several key positions (such as a PR manager who knows how to phrase things better than me). Anyone interested?
My posts represent the views of me, Gehn, lord of ages, and not any companies or groups which I don't belong to. :D
ZangieF

Post by ZangieF »

Look who's here. ^_^

Let's just make a long-winded yet unambiguous phrase… "agreement for the purpose of informing the person who signs it of restrictions involving disclosure of project information", or AftPoItPwSioRIDoPI for, well, not really short, is it? You can pronounce it though.
Gehn, lord of ages

ZangieF wrote:Look who's here. ^_^

Let's just make a long-winded yet unambiguous phrase… "agreement for the purpose of informing the person who signs it of restrictions involving disclosure of project information", or AftPoItPwSioRIDoPI for, well, not really short, is it? You can pronounce it though.
"...this is an agreement or non-legally binding purpose for the intent of informing the person or persons who sign it of certain restrictions and other notices involving the disclosure of project information specifically that which is transmitted..."
My posts represent the views of me, Gehn, lord of ages, and not any companies or groups which I don't belong to. :D
Jadawin12

Post by Jadawin12 »

Hiya trying to send a picture to you but it is quite impossible... should I put it on my dev art account then send it? Or do I need photobucket or some nonsense?
Gehn, lord of ages

Jadawin12 wrote:Hiya trying to send a picture to you but it is quite impossible... should I put it on my dev art account then send it? Or do I need photobucket or some nonsense?
The way you sent it works.

Return to “David's Journey”