Q & A

A Multi-Age Expansion To Uru

Moderator: David's Journey Managers

Gehn, lord of ages

Q & A

Post by Gehn, lord of ages »

Here's the spot to ask your questions about David's Journey.
My posts represent the views of me, Gehn, lord of ages, and not any companies or groups which I don't belong to. :D
Joxaren

Re: Q & A

Post by Joxaren »

Why "David"! Is it part of the plot or out in the open?
David is a nice name.
Gehn, lord of ages

Joxaren wrote:Why "David"! Is it part of the plot or out in the open?
David is a nice name.
David happens to be the name of a major character whose writings and explorations the storyline will be following. I'm glad you think it is a nice name.
(and no, he does not have a last name yet. Feel free to make suggestions)
My posts represent the views of me, Gehn, lord of ages, and not any companies or groups which I don't belong to. :D
Tweek

Post by Tweek »

Just not Clarke for the last name, as there is already a David Clarke used in fan story stuff.
Allatwan

Post by Allatwan »

Hmmm.... Just wondering... Could you explain a bit more "who's David" and where he comes from, what his relationship with Dn'i is... and should his name be English, D'ni, or randomly anything? I'm thining Filtzpatrick... David Filtzpatrick sounds nice.... Just tell me what you're looking for, I'd be glad to help (:P lol, I love looking for names with a special meaning for specific characters when writing a story... just as an inside joke, you know, to describe each character. How should Dave be like?)
Gehn, lord of ages

Allatwan wrote:Hmmm.... Just wondering... Could you explain a bit more "who's David" and where he comes from, what his relationship with Dn'i is... and should his name be English, D'ni, or randomly anything? I'm thining Filtzpatrick... David Filtzpatrick sounds nice.... Just tell me what you're looking for, I'd be glad to help (:P lol, I love looking for names with a special meaning for specific characters when writing a story... just as an inside joke, you know, to describe each character. How should Dave be like?)
David is a D'ni intern/contractor/employee. He finished undergraduate studies in a prestigious technological institute (maybe MIT or Caltech?) and is a restoration engineer. He is an American citizen with strong ethnic roots in England or maybe even Wales, so his last name would be English or Welsh influenced. He loved the Myst games when they came out. He likes math and science, and has a quirky sense of humor.
realXCV

Post by realXCV »

Does something special happen at the end of the journey ?
Gehn, lord of ages

realXCV wrote:Does something special happen at the end of the journey ?
Perhaps ;)
Allatwan

Post by Allatwan »

Gehn, lord of ages wrote:
Allatwan wrote:Hmmm.... Just wondering... Could you explain a bit more "who's David" and where he comes from, what his relationship with Dn'i is... and should his name be English, D'ni, or randomly anything? I'm thining Filtzpatrick... David Filtzpatrick sounds nice.... Just tell me what you're looking for, I'd be glad to help (:P lol, I love looking for names with a special meaning for specific characters when writing a story... just as an inside joke, you know, to describe each character. How should Dave be like?)
David is a D'ni intern/contractor/employee. He finished undergraduate studies in a prestigious technological institute (maybe MIT or Caltech?) and is a restoration engineer. He is an American citizen with strong ethnic roots in England or maybe even Wales, so his last name would be English or Welsh influenced. He loved the Myst games when they came out. He likes math and science, and has a quirky sense of humor.
OK... so far I've found "Carwyn", which means "loved one", so that would go with his nice personality... but I'll look for more name ideas!
Gehn, lord of ages

Allatwan wrote:
Gehn, lord of ages wrote: OK... so far I've found "Carwyn", which means "loved one", so that would go with his nice personality... but I'll look for more name ideas!
That's a cool name. However, keep on looking in case you find something even better. :D

After some deliberation over a long list of names that Allatwan found us, the team has decided to go with the name David Ingram.

Return to “David's Journey”