Python 2.3 dependencies?

Open: Collect Technical Information Regarding Building And Testing Uru

Moderator: Building & Testing Managers

rarified

Python 2.3 dependencies?

Post by rarified »

Does anybody know if there is a real dependency of the MOUL code upon Python 2.3?

I seem to remember reading something along those lines when I was looking at the various tools for examining age files.

Building Python 2.3 with "current" windows tools is something of a pain since MS altered the C libraries to validate all parameters "to enhance security". Py2.3 is not prepared to deal with the differences between MS and Posix (later python revisions have code to work around it).
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Marten

Re: Python 2.3 dependencies?

Post by Marten »

If there is a dependency on an older version of Python, then I propose the way to fix that is to update the Python code to eliminate the dependency. :D
The music is reversible, but time is not.
rarified

Re: Python 2.3 dependencies?

Post by rarified »

Marten wrote:If there is a dependency on an older version of Python, then I propose the way to fix that is to update the Python code to eliminate the dependency. :D
I'd love to :)

But I'm concerned that there may be some compiled python code embedded in age files that require the older interpreter to execute properly. Or that the existing MOUL client needs a 2.3 API library to build.
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “Building & Testing”