Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

Mac_Fife

Re: Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Post by Mac_Fife »

It's getting almost no coverage at all on UK media - I guess tennis at Wimbledon and dodgy bankers are considered bigger news here :roll:.

I'll catch JW's post and any email once I get home from the office.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Mac_Fife wrote:I guess tennis at Wimbledon and dodgy bankers are considered bigger news here :roll:.
That's European news for ya'! :) It could be worse though, it could entirely be dominated by politics and entertainment news like it is here. ;)

Here, the news about the fire is on the scarce side too, so I'm looking forward to more of your updates.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

JW's post on the MOUL forums referred to a photograph that rarified sent of a scene around a mile from his home: I see that someone tweeted a cropped version of the same picture yesterday: http://t.co/v1jBRKYE - devastation indeed :(
Another picture, I guess from around the same area but looking like it was taken much earlier in the morning, was on yfrog: http://yfrog.com/oc5u6flyj
I read that people who have lost their homes are likely to be informed through the course of today

The authorities seem to have a more positive slant on things today as there was little growth in the fire overnight and they seem to have real hope of starting to get a grip on the fire today.

There are some (I'm reluctant to use the word "good" in this context) photos on the Denver Post's website (http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/) - starting from around pic #53 they really convey the horror and tragedy. I think the only positive we can take is that there are no reports of injury or loss of life so far.
Mac_Fife
rarified

Post by rarified »

Just a quick note before I retire.

The evacuation for my location was relaxed this evening and I've been able to return home. We are still on a precautionary "pre-evacuation" state so the car remains partially packed in case we have a change of fortune.

I've successfully brought up the server housing the Foundry, but will leave it until morning to activate all the foundry services and Minkata.

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts, I'm grateful for all your support.

Off to my own bed.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

The obvious implication here is that there's still a home to go to.

Yes!

:D
Perfect speed is being there.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Glad to hear that! :D

Don’t sweat it about the server, I’m sure you have more important things to worry about first.

Hope you’ll be able to continue to enjoy your own bed!
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Really good news :) Just before I went to bed, rarified told me that there was talk of relaxing the evacuations, so I was hoping for the best.

Sadly, I read that at least one person is now known to have died :(. And I guess that that even for those returning home, the scenes around will be very disturbing.

I expect it'll be some days before the threat of further flare ups will be low enough for people to get back towards some kind of "normality". I'm sure there'll be plenty to keep rarified busy meanwhile, and I'm sure we're all just glad that he and his family haven't suffered a loss - The Foundry and Minkata shard can wait 'til he can really spare the time.
Mac_Fife
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're still safe, Rarified. (( huggs )) Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers until this is all over, but let's hope this is the beginning of the end of the fire.
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Woohoo! Glad to know all is well, rarified. Stay safe, still praying. :)
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
janaba

Post by janaba »

Wow!!! This is incredible, awesome good news!!! Hey, rarified, thank you so much for dropping a note, and
I'm so glad that everything went 'according the circumstances well' for you and yours, and as JW implied, it is
so wonderful that there's still your bed and a familiar sphere and surroundings, which is your home available ... :P

Many hugs and Blessings all the way from Germany ... Take care and don't worry about servers or Foundrys etc ... :D

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”