Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

Mac_Fife

Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Post by Mac_Fife »

Please be aware that due to the wildfire at Pyramid Mountain, Colorado, there is a risk that the Foundry services may need to be shut down without warning at some point during the next several hours. If so, the downtime is likely to be considerable.

Any outage will affect ALL Foundry services (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Repositories and the Minkata shard).

Due to the circumstances, it may not be possible to provide any further warning. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that may be caused.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Re: Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Post by janaba »

Dear rarified, I hope very much that everything's ok with you and that you're safe and getting along fine with everything ... :)

I just read the gazette news article Mac has posted again and they're saying
3:45 a.m. Monday: National Weather Service predicts hot and dry weather for the next week.
Temperatures should reach 100 degrees Monday and Tuesday, gradually decreasing to high of 90 by Saturday.
Rain is not expected this week, except a possible late afternoon Wednesday thundershower in the nearby mountains ...
Another report describes the situation even worse
Longmont TimesCall wrote:COLORADO SPRINGS —The Waldo Canyon fire, which officials here called "very aggressive," spread in three directions and displaced
about 11,000 people from their homes as fires continued to burn statewide Sunday.

Nearly half that total — about 5,000 living in Manitou Springs — were allowed to return to their homes beginning at 8 p.m. Sunday.
Mandatory evacuations remained in place for Cascade, Green Mountain Falls and Chipita Park.

Situated several miles west of Colorado Springs, the fire — which for many residents in this southern Colorado city became a spectacle —
charred at least 2,500 acres and forced evacuations of about 4,000 homes in El Paso County ...
I was just glad that I could at least log onto the Minkata shard as usual, and I hope this to be a good sign for your wellbeing ... :D
rarified

Post by rarified »

Thanks Janaba, so far we're ok here.

Today is going to be very uncertain; the winds are picking up which is the worst thing that can happen. If they shouuld shift to coming from the west I may be in the next evacuation wave.

The agencies fighting the fire are adding resources rapidly; they started this morning with 450 firefighters on the ground, they plan by this afternoon to have 600 firefighters present. The television coverage of the aerial assault is impressive.

_R

Edit 1: New URL for updated news: http://www.gazette.com/articles/monday- ... waldo.html
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
janaba

Post by janaba »

In this very moment I've just seen a german television coverage ... The pictures and impressions they're displaying and
conveying look and feel frightening and horrible ... I'm keeping my fingers crossed and pray for the winds not to shift too
much in the 'wrong direction' and calm down again very soon ... :?

Thanks, rarified for dropping us a note ... I'm glad everything went quite well so far 'according the circumstances' and
I send you my best and fondest of wishes for a soon alleviation and relaxation of the situation and that you might be
spared from any adversity or undue hardship ... Blessings Love and Light ... /wave ... :)
kaelisebonrai

Post by kaelisebonrai »

Gee... aren't we glad there are BitBucket Repos?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

This is all you have to give when someone's home and community is at significant risk?

Having been warned previously about the consequences of persistent trolling, kaelisebonrai has been banned pending consultation among domain management.
Last edited by JWPlatt on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for objectivity
Perfect speed is being there.
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

rarified, I've been trying to keep up with the info on this fire -- hope you and yours are all still OK.
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
rarified

Post by rarified »

You caught me while I'm online. We had a thunderstorm collapse right over the fire, scattering embers widely. The scanner traffic indicates we're now losing homes on the far west side of the city (1-2 miles west from me).

We may be close to needing to leave.

Keep your fingers crossed.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

I wish you safety, rarified. Safety and well-being through this ordeal. :|
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

I'll be keeping you and your family (and your house) in my thoughts and prayers, rarified, and visualizing your safe return home.

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”