Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

Deledrius

Re: Possible Foundry Outage, June 23 2012

Post by Deledrius »

rarified wrote:We had a thunderstorm collapse right over the fire, scattering embers widely.
Geez, it's never the luck to have storms to help, is it? :(

Be safe!
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I haven't been able to speak to rarified, but as I get into the office this morning I see that the mandatory evacuation zone has now been extended East past Ute Valley Park to the I-25, and so now includes rarified's location :(. The Foundry appears to be down.

I know rarified had offers of accomodation should he need to evacuate, so he should be OK in that respect. He's spent 10 years anticipating this eventuality, but hoped it was planning that would never be needed.

And for anyone worried about the Foundry system and data, the 18 drives were ready to be pulled from the server rack on his way out the door.

Edit: Latest fire information, for anyone who's following this: http://www.gazette.com/articles/charred ... -city.html
Last edited by Mac_Fife on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Update link.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Post by janaba »

Thank you for the update, Mac ... I've been following the gazette updates and just saw it on the german news again ... :?

Dearest rarified, know we are with you, we're keeping you in our heart's embrace and our prayers, we're sending you
love and light and all the confidence and encouragement and everything you might need right now ... I am so glad that
for accommodation is being cared for, and we keep envisioning a fast relief of the situation and the fires being brought
under control and the winds calming down followed by a soft and relieving rain pouring in and you and yours returning
home safe and unscathed ... :)
Dot

Post by Dot »

rarified -- please know that my prayers and thoughts are joining those of others here for you, your family and your community, as they have been since Mac let us know what was going on.

We wish you well.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

poor rarified, must be devastating. Hope your home is spared and you get back to it soon.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

Be careful out there rarified; I'll be praying for you, your family, and your property to stay safe.
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

I just saw on the news that more homes were burning in Colorado Springs. Too bad some of the flood waters in Florida can't be siphoned over to Colorado. Wow. Rarified, hope you are safe.
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
mcbeam

Post by mcbeam »

and here i was going to post i can't get in to mankata hope all is well and prayers is on the way ....will wait and seee what happenes
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I still haven't managed to contact rarified, but I'm sure he's got more to think about than chatting on the internet right now.

Latest indication are that his property is still safe although aerial photos from Associated Press show a significant number of homes lost in the Mountain Shadows area around Harbor Pines Point/Majestic Drive/Vantage Vista Drive, about 1.4 miles away. Reports seem to suggest that it's been a slightly quieter night so far for firefighters, although that may be little comfort to those who have already suffered loss.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Post by janaba »

Thanks you, Mac, they're reporting about it in our german news regularly, so it must be very dreadful
(as ironically they love those sensational incidents) and what they show looks awful indeed, even Obama
will visit the place today ... I'm praying and envisioning a relieved and relaxed situation whenever this
comes to mind resp. my heart, though it seems that won't happen anytime soon, but it will, and so I was
just so glad to read on the MOUL forums, posted by JWPlatt, that rarified sent a note saying he is safe
at a friend's house ...

Take care of you, rarified, we're all with you and can't wait to have you back again safe and sound ... :)

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”