Is it just me...

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

Hoikas

Is it just me...

Post by Hoikas »

... or has the OU Jira been down for three months now?
Mac_Fife

Re: Is it just me...

Post by Mac_Fife »

Definitely not just you :(

But I think it's 2 months rather than three months (for what that's worth) - I think the the update had been put off for so long that JIRA 6 came out during the deployment and caused rarified a bit of a reset (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=874).
Last edited by Mac_Fife on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inability to spell
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Post by janaba »

Sorry for an off-topic statement, but with all those awful fires and everything even worse than ever before in and around Colorado I'm crossing my fingers and really hope that our rarified 'is ok' according the circumstances and going through this all with good friends and/or family, unharmed and in sound condition ... Many Blessings, Love and Light and best wishes for you, rarified ... :)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Operations were interrupted by the RAD Game Tools Bink issue, and some momentum was lost, time passed, and the upgrade backlog grew. Since then the Foundry repos have been resynced with Bitbucket.

Rarifed, if he hasn't done so already, "needs to make a merge point of CWE and CWE-ou and rebuild Minkata to have the 918 version number, but that's pretty straightforward. Crowd is updated, JIRA is in the process of being updated, then finally Fisheye. JIRA is the big one with the major revision update."

And I understand Foundry is producing builds again for community members, which I suppose is why JIRA would be nice to have back in operation. ;)
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Adam does care! :)

For the record, yes JIRA has been down for the last two months, not by design but by circumstance.

As JW and Mac have mentioned, I did take some time rearranging repositories and building so we could deliver the long-outstanding fixes from Minkata to Cyan for incorporation into MOULa. That task is done; the OU repositories have been de-Binked, re-historied, and are again available. Jenkins builds are again enabled.

Christian has noticed that Cyan's build 918 implemented disabling video playback in a different way than what was submitted. We'd like to get some feedback from Chogon about any concerns about what we sent before proceeding with a CWE 918 merge back to the OU version of CWE. So that means there will probably be a couple more days of delay before the 918 build of Minkata goes live.

The JIRA update is significant, but in addition to that both JIRA and Fisheye have to be reconfigured to refer to the new de-Binked repositories in place of the original CWE repositories. And they need to be tested to make sure that none of the earlier contaminated code leaks back out from historical storage (caches, etc.) So I need to take time to do a thorough job there before re-enabling them.

So progress is being made, it is just not yet visible.

_R

[Janaba: thanks for your concern. It appears all immediate threats have abated (and we're now in a more moist weather pattern at the moment, which helps). The biggest issue this time through the wildfire season was that I returned the favor from the friends that provided me a place to stay while evacuated last year. They were themselves evacuated with the most recent fire and I was able to accommodate them here at my home.]
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Heh, so stuff happened. That's how the GoW installation of wordpress got 3 minor versions behind (and counting!). Though it probably doesn't help that I rewrote wp-login.php to embed the phpBB core...

I was curious because we're really lacking a good*, centralized Uru bug list. I have a google doc for some immediate to-do items, an agile tracker for Gehn, and the github issue pages. However, those are all managed by me and don't necessarily reflect bugs that people in the cavern experience. This game has something of a notoriety for being buggy, so it's become pretty much expected for everyone to have their own mental bug list and not share it. Long Story Short: I found myself bored a few weeks ago (the tasks on my to-do list were too annoying or too long term to begin), but I couldn't fix bugs I didn't know about.

* Stack Dumps are not good bugs
rarified

Post by rarified »

Cool. I'm continuing to work on JIRA (but have a RL delivery due this week), it shouldn't take much longer. But Atlassain just acknowledged a security bug that's been rumored for a while so there's yet another batch of updates, some to some items I just updated. Again. :roll: Sigh.

If you'd like to explore this further JIRA/Fisheye are linked to the H'Uru Git repositories and I could create bug categories specific to H'uru as well as link them to CWE. Give me a shout once I announce JIRA is back up and running.

_R
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Thanks, but we manage to keep track of Huru specific bugs on the github trackers and our Agile tool. I am/was interested in a bug list for MOULa :).

What would be useful would be if we could (finally) get the Foundry to produce Huru builds. But we've been discussing bumping the compiler minimum again, so I'm not sure if the Foundry will be able to do that much longer.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hoikas wrote:... What would be useful would be if we could (finally) get the Foundry to produce Huru builds. But we've been discussing bumping the compiler minimum again, so I'm not sure if the Foundry will be able to do that much longer.
I've currently got the Foundry equipped with VS2003, VS2005, VS2008, and VS2010, as well as the current Cygwin toolset (on the Windows builder -- the Linux builder is currently Ubuntu 10 but can be updated or a new builder instantiated for what you need). Do those meet your needs?

_R
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

VS2010 is the current minimum for building the H-uru codebase. We've discussed bumping that to 2013 when it's released, but we're not that far along yet. We fortunately don't need cygwin, so, yeah that should be sufficient. We already have all the dependencies compiled for VS 2010 as well.

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”