Shut Down Mantis?

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

Whilyam

Re: Shut Down Mantis?

Post by Whilyam »

Sounds good. Any ideas why JIRA is giving my security errors? I'm running Chrome, if that helps.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Maybe this will help. The Foundry services use a self-signed security certificate which browsers by default will not know about.

http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... stallation

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Hoikas recently mentioned http://www.startssl.com/, maybe you could look into getting a properly signed certificate from there some time. (But first, Minkata! :))
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

So the migration from Mantis in combination with the question I raised in this thread continues the question of whether JIRA should become a (one-way) mirror - or a replacement - for Mantis. The original intent was to keep Mantis as a simple alternative to JIRA, but with a feed from Mantis to JIRA. Ironically, I find Mantis much more difficult to use than JIRA. My intuitive sense is drastically incompatible with Mantis's UI design (such as it is). But when we looked at many of the other open source bug trackers, Mantis looked best - kinda sad to say.

Btw, I will not determine whether to remove Mantis until I get a chance to figure out just how easy or hard it is to keep it updated with our standard header and site navigation.

Also, be aware of what Mac mentioned about Mantis "dates getting set to the Linux epoch by the 1.2.0 update around late 2010."
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

Re: Shut Down Mantis? Nope.

Post by JWPlatt »

JWPlatt wrote:Btw, I will not determine whether to remove Mantis until I get a chance to figure out just how easy or hard it is to keep it updated with our standard header and site navigation.
15 months later...

Mantis lives.

For whatever it's worth, Mantis has at last been upgraded to current version 1.3.2 and finally got our standard header and site navigation (OpenUru.org's "SiteNav"). It turns out integrating SiteNav (header and footer) into Mantis was uncomplicated, as was the version upgrade from 1.2.4.

This probably completes the series of upgrades I've been performing this month to our resources because I suspect Wordpress (Blogs) is just. too. hard. Our Wordpress blogs have the same lonely, tree-lined banner photo everyone else uses. phpBB released 3.1.10 just days after I completed migration to 3.1.9. Typical. It'll get more attention soon I guess. phpBB is currently the most tedious integration for SiteNav, which is something of an accomplishment; doing the wiki was awful - now far better. Everything is actually better, so that's good.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

In the ever-inexplicable world of product development and the Mantis saga, Mantis has rudely removed support for headers and footers from their new major version release of 2.0 and now 2.1, which actually has a nicer UI. That means I can't upgrade and retain our site navigation on the Mantis pages. I was about to upgrade. Now I won't. There is a ticket on their tracking system about it and I have added to it, so we'll see how it pans out. Note to web tool developers: Play friendly with website integration.

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”