Foundry JIRA Cleanup

Repositories, Code Review, Bug Tracking, Feature Requests, Builds, Management, Support & Use

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Bugtracker Resource Managers

rarified

Foundry JIRA Cleanup

Post by rarified »

I'd like to clean up old projects that no longer appear to be active on the OU JIRA bugtracking system.

For the time being they will be moved to an "Archived" category, but I would like to back them up and purge them eventually (unless the owner speaks up).

The old projects I have in mind to archive are:
  • Nye's Ages: Llantern
  • OHBot
  • Whilyam's Ages: Bimevi
  • Whilyam's Ages: Fens
  • Whilyam's Ages: Maw
  • Whilyam's Ages: Toroolbah
  • Whilyam's Ages: Tosholek
If someone believes a project on this list should remain active, please speak up!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Re: Foundry JIRA Cleanup

Post by Mac_Fife »

I suspect none of the owners are very frequent visitors here these days, if at all. I also suspect that, with maybe the exception of Nye, they've all moved on beyond what's in those repos making them largely obsolete.

I'm in semi-regular contact with OHB so I can give him a prod.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I spoke to OHB and he's happy enough with your proposals.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Thanks for checking Mac!

_R
Whilyam

Post by Whilyam »

Just in case the message doesn't get through, Toroolbah is the only one mine I would be okay with you getting rid of. Toroolbah is, IC and OOC, a dead Age now. The sequence prefix is still being reserved but, in a few years, I will recycle it for other Age concepts. Features and functions carried out by that Age will be moved to other projects. Tosholek has recently been updated and Fens is currently undergoing a total rebuild. Bimevi and Maw are next on my list to rebuild once I get through with the others. Furthermore, even though Tosholek has been updated, I'm still planning on doing additional development once I finish a related Age. One of the few things holding that Age back was the implementation of a better logic system so I can make puzzles without killing myself. Also, the Tosholek project does not appear in my projects list. My password manager showed two OU bugtracker entries, so I'm thinking Tosholek might be on an inactive (and inaccesible) account I made before we switched to Mantis. Could someone transfer it to my account?

Also, congratulations. You wanted to clean up the database, but now that I remember this is here, I'm going to put up all my projects in development. Sorry. :P
rarified

Post by rarified »

No problem Whilyam. I was as you were saying just trying to clean up the database as well as clean up the Jira interface to make it simpler to use.

With regards to Mantis, I am working out a transfer ... Soon I hope ... Since there now is a utility to move Mantis records into Jira.
Thanks for checking in!

_R

Return to “Foundry (JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible or Mantis)”