Images in the wiki

Wiki Resource Management & Use (Documentation)

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Wiki Resource Managers

Mac_Fife

Images in the wiki

Post by Mac_Fife »

JW has implemented some changes to the setup of the wiki so that we can now include imges within the wiki pages. This is tightly regulated - there is no universal "File Upload" facility as on many other wikis in order to maintain site security, and so the way of using images is a bit non-standard. I've started to document this in the following Help Page on the wiki itself:

http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title=Using_Images

The guide is a little rudimentary right now but I'll develop it over the next few days.

Edit: I've updated the usage guide now. I'm not saying it's complete, but it ought to be usable 8-)
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Re: Images in the wiki

Post by Mac_Fife »

The Page Creation Tools wiki article has been updated to include tables showing the common asset images that are immediately available for use on this site, along with the URL required to access the image. As these are presumed to be of most benefit to wiki users, they have been placed in the wiki's assets folder.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
admin
Site Admin

Re: Images in the wiki

Post by admin »

This is a reminder to all projects that wish to work in the OpenUru.org wiki that we can set up a wiki asset folder for you. This maintains an archive quality wiki because all the images will be hosted here and are not prone to the vagaries of external image hosting sites and accounts. Please contact Mac_Fife or JWPlatt to request storage of your images for the purpose of including them in your wiki pages.

Return to “Wiki (MediaWiki)”