MOULagain Plugin Documentation

Wiki Resource Management & Use (Documentation)

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Wiki Resource Managers

Nalates

Re: MOULagain Plugin Documentation

Post by Nalates »

I've looked for a Wiki editor or offline tool... I have not been impressed. The most concentrated information is on the Wikipedia.

I found some interesting 'browser' add-ons for editing wiki's.

There are a few Word to Wiki tools around. Wikipedia has a Word Macro for Word to Wiki conversion.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Post by Dot »

A Word conversion macro? Gosh, this brings back memories. I remember writing one for converting rigorously styled Word documents into good html back in the early/mid 1990s before the web really took off. This was when I was working for the UK Open University; they were very supportive of staff working on such online projects.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've used a wiki exporter plug-in for Open Office Writer. It's a while since I used it, but it seemed to work OK as I recall. I posted about it previously: viewtopic.php?p=2342#p2342
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've started the ball rolling by creating a (very sketchy) page on the wiki in the Open Uru Documentation Project under The Art -> Worlds -> 3ds Max Plugin (Cyan).

At the moment it just vaguely references the GoW site - my office firewall/proxy deems that a bad place to go ("Access Denied") so I haven't been able to put in "proper" links so far.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

Smart firewall... sorry... couldn't resist.

Nice path into the info... 8-)
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Post by Dot »

Another place to watch for information will be the GoMa Age Development Department. Andy has got himself set up with a copy of Max and is going to write some tutorials (source; emphasis added).
Andy Legate wrote:To finish the Age, I'll be using Blender still, but as I learn how to use Max and Cyan's plugin (Dustin has some great info on that over at the GoW Wiki btw), I'll start making tutorials for Max users.......which means I'm going to have to clean up this part of the Forum for Age creation, heheh.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Off Topic (w/apologies to Mac_Fife for the dilemma ;) ): I've commented on this once or twice before, but it continues to amuse me greatly that the very same people who claimed 3ds max was unobtainable, and that's why they use Blender, have now obtained 3ds max. It's a predictable outcome when people really want something.
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I've made a few changes to the wiki to make the Cyan Plugin more directly accessible/findable. Besides the Cyan 3ds Max Plugin, I've also made sure that a'moaca's Wireshark plugin is more visible (including a new forum for it). The changes were mostly to the Main Page and Community Portal. I also renamed the Cyan Plugin page to "Cyan Worlds Sources And Tools" because there's been more available than just the plugin for a while now, with the wave emote and KI sources. Any more improvements to these or other pages are welcome.

I would also like to duplicate/replicate/incorporate any material on other wikis about the Cyan plugin. If anyone would like to do that, specifically, it would be nice.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “Wiki (MediaWiki)”