Site Notices

Wiki Resource Management & Use (Documentation)

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Wiki Resource Managers

Mac_Fife

Site Notices

Post by Mac_Fife »

Since the release of the CyanWorlds.com Engine and MOSS sources, we've had a "News Flash" site notice at the top of all wiki pages. We're now two weeks down stream and I'm inclined to remove the News Flash (or at least reduce the size of it) for logged in users, so that the page content regains some focus. I'd leave the notice in place, for now at least, for any anonymous viewers.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Re: Site Notices

Post by Mac_Fife »

The "News Flash" has now been removed for logged in users. Any new visitors or anyone who is not logged in will still see the announcement of the Open Source release for now.
Mac_Fife
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've created a new global Site Notice on the wiki to reflect the news entry on the shard that JW put on the main page. However, we still have the Open Source announcement set to display for non-logged in users, and I think I'd like to retire that one now. At the moment, users that aren't logged in will be getting both messages :? .
Mac_Fife
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I only see the original open source news flash when logged out. But yes, eight months is probably stretching "flash" long enough for logged out users. One flash at a time is pretty good and we'll just have to be careful to pace ourselves so we don't have too many flashes too quickly. ;)
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “Wiki (MediaWiki)”