Evaluation: eGroupware Demo Server

Project Management To Support Collaborative Efforts

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Groupware Resource Managers

rarified

Evaluation: eGroupware Demo Server

Post by rarified »

I've set up an instance of the eGroupware project management tool at http://foundry.OpenURU.org/egroupware for people to experiment with.

I've only started looking through all the configuration, but I believe I have set up enough for folks to get started with. I've created three demo users: demo, demo2, demo3, all of whose password is guest.

The demo user has what I believe to be manager privileges; it should be able to define new projects and assign users to them. The other users are not privileged at all.

The usual disclaimers apply: this is a test instance and any data there will not get transferred to an official server if we choose to use this tool as the "official" OpenURU project management tool.

Let me know if you can't do something you would like or think you should be able to do with these accounts. If you want an individual account with different privileges, PM me. Please post responses to this thread with feedback about eGroupware.

Have fun!
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Re: Evaluation: eGroupware Demo Server

Post by Mac_Fife »

Thanks, rarified. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take a look at it again over the weekend.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Two instant impressions:

1. The logon screen logo is very reminiscent of the Enron logo. Very bad, but funny, start. ;)

2. Opening screen is attractive.

3. It is not immediately obvious to me how to assign accounts to projects or edit accounts.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

JWPlatt wrote:3. It is not immediately obvious to me how to assign accounts to projects or edit accounts.
Ha! I figured that bit out while trying to work out how to add a task to the project (errmm, but I've forgotten again now :oops: )

Hmm... I still can't create a milestone :? It reports "milestone saved" but there's no blue heading to click on as described in the help. And something seems broken: I'm getting "JpGraph Error: Date is outside specified scale range." when I try to go the GANTT for Subproject 1 (P-2009-0002/0001).

I get the feeling that "ease of use" isn't this one's strong suit.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

As part of our cleanup of evaluation software, eGroupware will be disabled this weekend.

Our project management tool of choice is now Atlassian JIRA accessible at http://foundry.OpenUru.org/jira.

Thanks
_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

Egroupware has been disabled.

_R

Return to “Groupware (Evaluation)”