Congratulations

Open: Second Life island dedicated to building an Uru community

Moderator: DUru Project Managers

Nalates

Congratulations

Post by Nalates »

@Dagda, I saw your post. I'll suggest that from time to time you may want to cross post at GoMa. I put a post up pointing to your announcement here. GoMa Eder D'Uru Project

I am also working to build a Myst/Uru presence for SL Uru in the SL Blogosphere. I'll talk to you in-world.

You may also know that Thend has gone on his walk about. That leaves me facilitating the ECR&D. So I'll be talking to you about that also. For me the next 6 months of projects at ECR&D will be centering on marketing and promotions in SL. Others will have their interests and we'll probably be exploring a wide range of things. I hope to have parallel streams of learning with SL the primary lab. If something works in SL how does that translate to RL and how can that be used for MOOS.

I think the ECR&D will likely be using GoMa for their forum needs. It is easier for me as I can moderate that section. But we have the last 6 months of research that I would like to make available to the greater SL/Uru community. Thend will be distributing that tomorrow... hopefully no jokes... but I won't be trying any attachments that he provides in public. :? Since we already have a section of the GoMa for THERE and SL I suspect I can get a section of their wiki for the research docs. Guess I better find out.

Glad to see you are reaching outside SL. 8-)
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Re: Congratulations

Post by Dot »

Hi Nalates! You'll be very welcome at GoMa to make use of the Wiki. As you say, it'll tie in nicely with the There and SL subforums. :)
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Hey Nalates, I'm glad to see you've found our little project here and find it interesting enough to post a link at the GoMa. Your research and goals of using SL to test things that might be used to benefit Uru were a part of the inspiration behind this project. I hope there will be a lot of cross-posting between our project and your work on the GoMa. However...

We have an amazing team of builders and scripters at Eder D'Uru, but organization is not our forte and forum posting not high on their agenda. Unlike you, documenting our work and progress is not second nature. So, documenting the experiment is an experiment in itself in many ways. Making the initial post and setting up the tools on this site is a project in itself. So...

We could really use the assistance of people like you to carry links of interest from our project to other sites, and by the same token, post links here to things on the GoMa site that our team might find of interest. I'm sure there is much they can learn from your work - not the least of which is documentation.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

As far as cross-posting and getting the word out, both these projects are newsworthy and, from personal experience, the Guild of Messengers does a fantastic job of doing that for you. I use the word 'resource" a lot here, but community resources extend out everywhere in many organizations and groups, including the guilds. Use them.
Perfect speed is being there.
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

Lol… well this is not quite where I was going… but that’s ok.

The moving of ECR&D research out to where more people can reach it is a project. Getting Uruites together is like trying to herd canaries and cats …in the same herd… and is certainly a project.

Dot and Nyn have helped me get the wiki at GoMa setup. After a few blond moments I think I have it figured out. I put up a couple of Research papers and linked in the programming tutorials. So, at least the frame work is there. I made pages to index Papers and Tutorials; each with subgroups for general info and specific SL info. That may be a mistake. I’m not sure the distinction in many of these is that clear.

The only thing I think most of the programmers here would be interested in is the Programming Basics Part 2 with the S4SL… I had not seen the S4 (Scratch for…) tools. They are great for teaching programming. M.I.T. has them for several different environments. So, if you need to help teach programming, it is an interesting approach and free.

The messengers probably get the word around better and spread it farther. But I am wondering how far word is spreading and how we are doing at getting the word out. I’ll probably need to do some posting over at GoMe and see. The Roll Call at MOUL should give us an idea. Are we really reaching beyond those checking the forums?
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
T_S_Kimball

Post by T_S_Kimball »

It's good to see things are still moving along at SL as well as There. Tis not a secret that I'm just too busy to help with anything at this point, but I've seen for awhile that things are in good hands. :)

Nalates, I did get your IM. I don't have an account on GoMA (and have no interest just now in creating new accounts anywhere, since work has now overtaken just about everything again). I do plan on (re)organizing the things on that notecard through my own site, so it can be updated as time permits - really, there's *much* more that could have been added. You'll have the link soon.

--TSK
Timothy S. Kimball - www.sungak.net
SL - Alan Kiesler (retired) || Eve Online - Alain Kinsella

Return to “Eder D'Uru Project”