Finding a New Home

Spoiler discussion, all may post

Moderator: DUru Project Managers

Dot

Re: Finding a New Home

Post by Dot »

It would be for the community -- whatever they want to build and play in (remembering PG rating though, and prospective licensing from Cyan).

There are lots of different groups in the community, so there needs to be places where we each feel comfortable. Variety is good!
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

There are things happening. The D'Uru closing seems to have activated people. It surprised me.

There is an idea of cooperative independence. When Tailahr builds an age/sim for her purposes, however themed, and helps with other Myst-Uru projects in whatever way, we are seeing cooperative independence. Adult and combat themed regions may be a challenge. But up front labeling and may be a fans' off-theme section of the forum may work for those. We may have to decide on or create ways of handling links to off-theme builds in-world. Having links and the discussions in forums does not make a problem for me. I tend to be interested in what Uru fans are doing.

What criteria we might decide on... well we just decide and modify as needed.

As to off-themed builds, in Devokan we are building an IC RP story to go along with events. Is Devokan realy an Uru related story? I think it is a Myst-Uru STYLE story. Just as Uru Live had an ARG component and in-world story reflected OOC RL events and problems, so too Devokan. But, how do we decide on what is Myst-Uru style and to be favored or shunned here?

A 3 tier idea for planning and implementation is up for consideration. The IC story which is and is IC'ly about actual implementation appears on MOUL. A pre-story appears on GoMa, it tends to have less participants than MOUL's and be where we can edit and change story details before putting on MOUL. Consider these two a single tier.

There is currently a private planning section, the second tier. The planning for sim financing, partnerships, associations and story directions are worked out there. This is another tier.

A third tier is proposed I would like to see. It would be where IC story and OOC events are worked out. It would discuss the IC story on MOUL and set directions and be mostly OOC. A topic in this tier would be 'How do we handle the closing of D'Uru?' story-wise. We are discussing how the Quin-Nal trip to OS will work in private now, just because it is handy and convenient and we have yet to create a better place, this 3rd tier.

Places foreign to Devokan such as my NoR RPG can be used to relate to events and problems in Devokan. They both have some of the same challenges, one being how to relate IC story in-game to new players and those logging in at different times. A NoR builder is looking at how to adopt and using some of the ideas used in Devokan. The journal thing is sort of in use now. The story tricks in NoR may have uses in Devokan. One needs to be aware of the differences and respect each world’s standards and directions.

I think the mixed quality of builds is important to give beginners a comfort level. I know seeing some of the beginning work in fan ages at GoW gave me the added push to try a Blender age. It’s rather pathetic but I learned a lot. I think there are others that will feel the same about OS building. We all have to learn some time. Those brave enough to share their starting efforts help the community, IMO. I think we need those places. That is what Mouser offered with his In-Worldz sim but he got blown out of the MOUL waters. I hope we are wiser.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

I think this thread sort of belongs in two places so people can find it. Rather than move it, I'll add a link to the other thread here.

Thinking Infrastructure

There are several things in progress in the VW's and I think that is slowing conversation here.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Thanks for putting the link in, Nalates. I think this thread has served it's purpose and should end here. If there's anything of value here that can be used for the new discussion, I would suggest copying and pasting it to there.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Done!

If you spot anything I should have included, please add it. Thanks!

Return to “Spoiler Discussion”