Possible Criminal Minds/Uru crossover.

Creative Expression

Moderator: Writers Club Managers

Afalstein

Possible Criminal Minds/Uru crossover.

Post by Afalstein »

This is a rather strange idea of mine that, for obvious reasons, could never be incorporated into the game. But it's something I've been working on for a while and was planning to submit (though I doubt it would be popular) on FF.net anyway, so I might as well throw the idea out here too to see what people think.

The original premise of Uru--people "called" home to D'ni from all over the world--made me wonder if characters from other fandoms might possibly be "called" away to the D'ni city. And then I realized the character of Jason Gideon--an FBI behavior analyst who, in the show, quit his job to go on a soul-searching road trip--fit perfectly with this premise. Jason Gideon quite his job because he felt the call.

So I wrote a little fic about that http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8895190/1/Desert-s-End. Short, and it only had the beginning of Uru, where you show up on the ranch, but it was fun, even if it got no reviews.

That was all I was ever planning to do. But then it hit me: Reid, another character in the show, would be a perfect fit for the Uru worlds, as his eidetic memory would have him perfectly remember the clues that the rest of us always have to go back and check over again. ofperkin's series Strangers in Paradise http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522274/1/S ... n-Paradise, depicting not one Stranger but four, showed me how a Myst walkthrough could be kept interesting by using multiple characters and a romantic subplot.

Hence, a private project of mine: a CM/Uru crossover where the rest of the BAU team, worried about the strange disappearances of tourists in the New Mexico desert, investigate the region. They quickly dismiss Zandi as a possible serial killer, but then learn that Gideon is somehow involved. Reid accidentally activates a relto book while JJ is grabbing his shoulder... and the adventure is on.

I have several chapters of the story written already... I was planning to finish writing the whole thing before publishing it on the web, as I don't expect it to receive many reviews, and that can always be rather disheartening. But I was wondering if anyone here might care to lend their input as to what might happen in such a crossover.

Return to “Writers Club”