Guild Meeting 6/07/09

Eder D'Uru guild discussions - public view/reply, member new topics

Moderator: DUru Project Managers

Locked
JeffLewis
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 am

Guild Meeting 6/07/09

Post by JeffLewis » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:13 pm

SUMMARY OF EDER D'URU GUILDS MEETING HELD SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2009.
*Chatlog can be found at bottom of post.

IN ATTENDANCE
JeffeJ5005 Lewis, Council Leader
Dagda Sideways, GoBuilders Guild Master
Tailahr Winnikow, GoPublicists Guild Master
Eleri Ethaniel, GoPlanners Guild Master
Nadnerb Tebaldi, Building Team Member & sitting in for absent GoScripters Guild Master Adeon Writer
DeAnn Dufaux, Resident
Genny7 Markus, Resident
Ghaelen Winnikow, Resident
Nonlinear Tarantal, Resident
Vax Sirnah, Resident
Ishtar Roussel, Building Class Aide
Benno Ranimodo, Roomie
Mara Mirajkar, Roomie
Ural Arado, Roomie
Astro Balut, Tenant
Darren Sapphire, Guest
RedMokum Bravin, Guest


The guild masters handed out the agenda to those sitting in their respective sections and Jeff noted that Nadnerb was sitting in for Adeon who seemed to be having connection difficulties. Jeff also noted that, as always, the meeting would be chatlogged and the log sent out later in the week.
Since the agenda included a few items requiring votes, Jeff explained how the voting would work: "There are several different categories of a vote. Some will be for the 5 (council members) only, some will be residents only, and some will be open to all. Within each of those, some will remain open for several days/a week, while others will remain open only for a short time during or after the meeting. Roomies and sub-leasers are not considered the resident. The person who pays the apez rent box each month is the person with the vote. They are asked to act as [representatives] for their room mates. For resident votes lasting more than a day, if it is noticed not all residents voted (by number, we do not collect names and what you voted for) we will instant message you. If the matter is serious enough, we will bother you often, but if too much time and energy is going in to getting you to vote in a timely manner, your vote will be put in as indifferent for that vote. For other votes, we will do our best to announce ahead of time and collect absentee votes. If we don't hear from you, your vote goes in as indifferent for that day's vote."

ON THE AGENDA

- LAND ISSUES/POLICIES:
-FINANCES
Jeff announced that the tier for the sim has been raised from US$175 to US$295 per month, a large gap which will need to be addressed by raising the tiers on residents' parcels by up to US$2 per month. The exact amount will be put to the residents for a vote.
Jeff talked a bit about the new mall which, if filled with tenants, could help to keep the residents' tiers from being raised higher. He called on the residents to assist in accomplishing this by drawing visitors to the sim through planned activities.
The vote on the parcel tier raise will begin next week, the voting box left out for one week, and the change taking effect next month. Jeff said that, at the end of the meeting, he would set out an information gathering box to allow residents to say how much extra they'd be willing to pay per month. The choices would be US$1 - 5 and "leave."
The more that residents are willing to pay for their own parcels, the less that will have to be charged as rent on the mall spaces. The less the rent on the mall spaces, the easier it will be to fill them. The more the mall is filled and successful, the less likely rates will have to be raised on resident parcels again.
In addition to using the mall to subsidize the sim, a system will be set up to allow for donations both through tip jars in-world and through Paypal. Jeff said he wasn't happy to have to ask the community for help; that he had high hopes we could sustain ourselves without assistance, but that has changed, and for that, he apologized. He reiterated that the residents could assist by participating in events and encouraging others to do so as well. And, if they have any ideas for raising funds, they could bring them to the next meeting or IM one of the council members.

-THE MALL
Originally, residents were promised free space in the mall, but with the raise in our tier, that's just not possible, now. Only five spaces will be allotted for free usage by residents on a first come, first served basis. (Jeff will send a notice to the residents group and the first five residents to ask, will get their choice of a space in the mall.) However, all residents will be allowed a small wall space in the mall in which to place samples and a landmark to their store (2-5 prims max overall).
The final prices for the mall will be determined by the eventual resident rate raise; prims are also yet to be determined. More details on all final mall details and allotments etc. to come (hopefully next week).
Vax noted that the sim is difficult to navigate and wondered how visitors would be able to find the mall quickly which is important to drive traffic through it. Jeff said he hopes to parcel off the mall so it can have a direct listing in the search list. Tailahr suggested teleports strategically placed at the Post Office and other public areas. Jeff said that maps with arrows like the ones in Uru were in the works, too.
DeAnn noted that residents with stores on the upper level use prims out of their parcel allotment and wondered if the prims used in the mall would come out of that allotment as well (presumably, she was referring to residents who get free space). Jeff replied they would be separate.

-NEW FERRY SYSTEM VOTE
Jeff asked Dagda to explain the building team's current idea for the ferry system and then if anyone had a different proposal, they could present it before a vote was taken.
Dagda explained that two ferry lines were planned - the yellow line to run from the main harbor to the neighborhood (under construction), to the great shaft and the green line to make the rounds of the resident parcels, hopefully in both directions. He noted that a long walkway has recently been installed in front of the east parcels to allow the residents there easier walking access between neighbors and that anyone else who wished to do this with their neighbors is welcome. People are also welcome to share docks if they so choose, or still have separate ones even with a walkway. The building team has prepared a collection of "standard" docks, all in the same style/textures, but with some slight variations to fit different parcel designs. Dagda said he would need to meet with each resident to decide on which variation and its placement. He noted that although the docks would be anchored on the residents parcel and the prims counted against their allotment, the building team would need to retain ownership in order to have access to make updates.
Jeff called for alternative proposals, but none were forthcoming, so he set out the voting box. The choices were "yes", "no", "abstain". The building team's ferry system proposal was adopted by a unanimous vote. The team will be contacting the residents about installation very soon.

FUN AND GADGETRY
Jeff asked Tailahr, Dagda, and Eleri to give their reports on sim activities.

- CURRENT EVENTS
Tailahr said that the June Journey is now out and encouraged everyone to "go meet Emmett at the Post Office." She thanked her team members "without whom it never would have been finished: mostly Wyn who wrote a lot of the documents and Dagda who did a lot of textures and fixed scripts." and Jeff.

- UPCOMING EVENTS

Tailahr announced the Guild of Healers "Silk Road" event this coming Saturday, June 13th (10 am to 1:30 pm SLT) on the new mall rooftop and asked that everyone come and help make them feel welcome here in their new home. She noted that "Ktahdn is providing the music, so you know it's going to be awesome."
As an aside, Tailahr announced that all of the guild pub shirts are now available in dispensers in their respective pubs.
Tailahr talked a bit about plans for the July Journey which will focus on the Eder D'Uru residents and their homes or favorite locations. A notecard has been send out to the residents group and can also be found with examples of the idea in the Guild of Publicists pub. She said he hopes everyone will consider participating and expects to see notecard replies flooding in soon.

Dagda reminded everyone that another round of Level 1 building classes would begin this week and that spaces were still available. Contact Dagda or DeAnn for more information or to sign up.
Dagda said he would be sending out a notice later that day for a planning meeting to discuss building workshops - one-session classes on specific topics. He's looking for people interested in teaching them, as well as taking suggestions for specific topics.
Dagda said he would also be sending out a notice for a planning meeting to discuss the "long-delayed puzzle rooms" and would be looking for people to help with ideas, building, scripting, everything. He noted that it should be a lot of fun.

Eleri took the stage to talk about contests for Fish Building and Clothing Design (announcements were sent to the ED residents the day before and Tailahr noted that she would soon be publishing them in the ED Update). Eleri said that the tools for building the fish are in the post office, and that's where the contest drop boxes will be after the 14th of this month. Both contests are open to everyone, not just ED residents.
Eleri said she would soon be sending out two notices: first, that the Guild of Planners is looking for a European Coordinator and second, information on how to plan events here in Eder D'Uru. She noted that "Any resident is welcome to host or organize an event here, and we're here to help" and "if you have an idea for an event, game, contest, whatever you'd like to see happen, just let me know!"

Jeff apologized for the meeting going over by 20 minutes and summarized the meeting with "though there's some bad news on the finances front, you can see we have a lot going on for events and fun. Please encourage others to attend them, and push yourself to come too! This will help us out on the financial front." He concluded the meeting by reminding residents to contact one of the council members if they have any questions.

Following the meeting, Jeff set up the voluntary vote box for residents to make their opinion known about how much they would be willing to pay in a tier increase. The box will be available in the guild hall throughout the week for residents to use. This is strictly information gathering in preparation for setting up the final vote at next week's meeting.

Chatlog:
CHATLOG OF EDER D'URU GUILDS MEETING HELD SUNDAY, JUNE 7, 2009.

[2009/06/07 12:07] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Please pass out the agenda to those sitting in your area today
[2009/06/07 12:08] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Nadnerb is sitting in for Adeon today, who seems to be having internet troubles
[2009/06/07 12:09] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: So lets get started
[2009/06/07 12:09] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: As always, today's meeting will be chatlogged and handed out later in the week
[2009/06/07 12:09] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Our first topic today is about how voting will work
[2009/06/07 12:10] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: There are several different categories of a vote
[2009/06/07 12:10] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Some will be for the 5 only, some will be residents only, and some will be open to all
[2009/06/07 12:11] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: within each of those, some will remain open for several days/a week, while others will remain open only for a short time during or after the meeting
[2009/06/07 12:12] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Roomies and sub-leasers are not considered the resident. The person who pays the apez rent box each month is the person with the vote
[2009/06/07 12:12] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: They are asked to act as sentators for their room mates
[2009/06/07 12:14] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: For resident votes lasting more than a day, if it is noticed not all residents voted (by number, we do not collect names and what you voted for) we will instant message you
[2009/06/07 12:14] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: If the matter is serious enough, we will bother you often, but if too much time and energy is going in to getting you to vote in a timely manner, your vote will be put in as indifferent for that vote
[2009/06/07 12:15] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: For other votes, we will do our best to announce ahead of time and collect absentee votes
[2009/06/07 12:15] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: If we don't hear from you, your vote goes in as indifferent for that day's vote
[2009/06/07 12:16] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Before I move on to the rest of the day's agenda, any questions?
[2009/06/07 12:16] DeAnn Dufaux: no
[2009/06/07 12:16] Genny7 Markus: not from me
[2009/06/07 12:17] Tailahr Winnikow: Good explanations, Jeff.
[2009/06/07 12:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: :)
[2009/06/07 12:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: K, lets move on
[2009/06/07 12:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Unfortunately, we start off today with the worst information
[2009/06/07 12:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Finances
[2009/06/07 12:18] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The original price for our sim has gone up from approx 170-180 to 295 per month (in USD)
[2009/06/07 12:18] Vax Sirnah: yeesh
[2009/06/07 12:18] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: This is a huge gap
[2009/06/07 12:18] Astro Balut: Has it's category changed
[2009/06/07 12:18] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: This unfortunately means resident rates will need to be raised, slightly
[2009/06/07 12:19] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: When I say slightly, I mean no more than 1-2 dollars, if all goes well
[2009/06/07 12:19] Tailahr Winnikow: (US Dollars, not lindens)
[2009/06/07 12:19] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We are also instituting a new mall feature, but I can't say this enough. The mall, while able to help, will not be enough to fully support us
[2009/06/07 12:20] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: This is where the residents come in
[2009/06/07 12:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: In order to have the mall support us fully, without a higher raise in resident fees, support from the residents getting folks to come visit and participate in sim activities is the best we can do
[2009/06/07 12:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: When I say fully, I mean to the fullest extent that it can, btw
[2009/06/07 12:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: I want to make it clear to everyone that the mall will only help, not sustain
[2009/06/07 12:21] Astro Balut: Meaning all stalls rented, I guess
[2009/06/07 12:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: To an extent, yes
[2009/06/07 12:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We will hold a vote next week to see what the actual raise in payments will be
[2009/06/07 12:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: This will be one where it will be out for a week
[2009/06/07 12:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: the change will take effect next month
[2009/06/07 12:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: today, at the end of the meeting, I will put an information gathering box out where all current residents may vote on the amount they're able to pay extra per-parcel
[2009/06/07 12:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: the choices will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
[2009/06/07 12:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: the top three will be put into the official vote
[2009/06/07 12:24] Dagda Sideways: (please vote for the maximum you'd be willing to pay extra)
[2009/06/07 12:24] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: let me rephrase and repeat again, the mall is supplimental, and will not fully support us
[2009/06/07 12:25] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: yes, the more honest you are in how much more you can pay, means the more succesful the mall price may be, which means the less we may/or may not have to raise your payments in the future
[2009/06/07 12:25] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: if all goes correctly, and the residents help us out, or the public helps us out, another raise should not ever have to happen
[2009/06/07 12:25] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: In addition to that
[2009/06/07 12:26] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We'll be starting a process for regular or one-time donations to help support us
[2009/06/07 12:26] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: These will be open to everyone
[2009/06/07 12:27] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: It is not enjoyment for me to have to come here today and ask the community for helping hands as some do, I had high hopes that we could sustain ourselves without that need, but this has come to change, and for this, I apologize
[2009/06/07 12:27] Tailahr Winnikow: It will all be fine, Jeffy. :)
[2009/06/07 12:27] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: But the options are coming into place for those things to happen
[2009/06/07 12:28] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We will have more information on donations probably at next week's meeting, paypal will be an option
[2009/06/07 12:28] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: What you folks can do to help now is to come participate, and bring others to do so as well
[2009/06/07 12:30] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Last thing about finances. if you have any ideas on stuff we can do, feel free to bring them to next week's meeting or instant message us anytime. Lots of us are always around :)
[2009/06/07 12:30] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We'd love to hear it
[2009/06/07 12:31] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: OK, moving on
[2009/06/07 12:31] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Oh, wait, just to reiterate, vote will be next week on how much the raise is after all ideas are heard. Unless something happens that is huge, the vote will not be postponed
[2009/06/07 12:32] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Any questions on the finances issue?
[2009/06/07 12:33] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Ok, lets move on
[2009/06/07 12:33] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: More info about the mall :)
[2009/06/07 12:33] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Good stuff!
[2009/06/07 12:33] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The mall is coming to Eder D'uru
[2009/06/07 12:33] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: the mall is somewhat small too
[2009/06/07 12:33] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: One of the original things stated in the residents moving in was that they'd have a free spot open to them
[2009/06/07 12:34] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We do have to change this slightly
[2009/06/07 12:34] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: We will have 5 free spaces open for use by residents
[2009/06/07 12:34] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: they can be claimed on a first come first serve basis
[2009/06/07 12:34] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: When the claiming is open, I will send a notice to the residents group
[2009/06/07 12:34] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The first 5 residents to ask me, get their choice of store
[2009/06/07 12:34] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: however
[2009/06/07 12:35] Vax Sirnah raises hand.
[2009/06/07 12:35] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Any other residents not claiming a store spot are free to have a small wall space with a landmark to their store
[2009/06/07 12:35] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: as well as a picture, and potentially a small sample of a creation
[2009/06/07 12:35] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: 2-5prims max overall
[2009/06/07 12:35] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: One moment Vax :)
[2009/06/07 12:36] Vax Sirnah waits patiently
[2009/06/07 12:36] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: other than that, the final prices for the mall will be determined by the eventual resident rate raise, prims are also yet to be determined. More details on all final mall details and allotments etc. to come (hopefully next week)
[2009/06/07 12:36] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Any questions on the mall? I saw Vax's hand
[2009/06/07 12:37] Vax Sirnah: My turn?
[2009/06/07 12:37] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: yes
[2009/06/07 12:37] DeAnn Dufaux: I have a question as well
[2009/06/07 12:37] Vax Sirnah: The City is a little hard to navigate unless you know where you are going. How will visitors be able to find the mall quickly (important to drive traffic)
[2009/06/07 12:38] Tailahr Winnikow: TPs strategically placed at the Post Office and other public areas?
[2009/06/07 12:38] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The mall will have a small square parceled off for direct listing in the search list
[2009/06/07 12:38] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: (I think)
[2009/06/07 12:38] Vax Sirnah: both ideas are good ones
[2009/06/07 12:38] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Other than that, maps with "you are here" and arrows like can be found in uru around the city are being worked on
[2009/06/07 12:39] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: DeAnn?
[2009/06/07 12:39] DeAnn Dufaux: The stores we have on the upper level - the prims come out of our parcel allotment. In the mall, will those prims also come out of our allotment?
[2009/06/07 12:39] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: No they will not
[2009/06/07 12:39] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: they will be completely seperate
[2009/06/07 12:40] DeAnn Dufaux: thank you
[2009/06/07 12:40] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: :)
[2009/06/07 12:40] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: anything else?
[2009/06/07 12:41] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Ok, so, if there's nothing else. We'll move onto the ferry voting
[2009/06/07 12:42] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Dagda will explain our ferry system
[2009/06/07 12:42] Dagda Sideways: hi all ㋡
[2009/06/07 12:42] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The idea we currently have
[2009/06/07 12:42] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: then any suggestions are welcome to the residents in a seperate proposal to the group
[2009/06/07 12:43] Dagda Sideways: I'll be talking briefly about how we have our ferry system planned, so you can know what kinds of suggestions to make
[2009/06/07 12:43] Dagda Sideways: we're planning on 2 ferry lines. The yellow line will run from the main harbor, to the neighborhood (under construction), to the great shaft
[2009/06/07 12:44] Dagda Sideways: the green line will do the rounds of resident parcels, hopefully in both directions
[2009/06/07 12:44] Dagda Sideways: a walkway has already been put out for a couple of residents to have easier walking access between neighbors, and anyone else who wants this with their neighbors is welcome
[2009/06/07 12:44] Nadnerb Tebaldi: multiple calls will be needed if we do both directions.. >.>
[2009/06/07 12:44] Dagda Sideways: (that's technical, we can figure it out)
[2009/06/07 12:45] Dagda Sideways: people are also welcome to share docks if they so choose, or still have separate ones even with a walkway
[2009/06/07 12:46] Dagda Sideways: We have prepared a collection of "standard" docks, all in the same style/textures, but with some slight variations to fit different parcel designs
[2009/06/07 12:46] Dagda Sideways: I'll need to meet with each resident to decide on which variation and its placement
[2009/06/07 12:47] Dagda Sideways: though ultimately the dock will be anchored on your land and count on your own prims, we will need to keep it owned by the build team so we can always have access to make necessary updates
[2009/06/07 12:48] Dagda Sideways: I think that's all, so if you have any questions/comments/suggestions, now's the time
[2009/06/07 12:48] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: If you have an alternative proposal as well, now would be the time
[2009/06/07 12:50] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: If there are no objections, I'll bring out the vote block
[2009/06/07 12:50] Tailahr Winnikow: Um, interesting choice for the texture.
[2009/06/07 12:50] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Since only one was proposed
[2009/06/07 12:51] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The choices are Yes, No, and abstain
[2009/06/07 12:51] Tailahr Winnikow: Well, this will be a good exercise for more important votes later.
[2009/06/07 12:51] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: (Texture on box in no way reflects ability of ferries to float :P)
[2009/06/07 12:51] Vax Sirnah claps because he believes in ferries.
[2009/06/07 12:51] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Voting is now open to residents
[2009/06/07 12:52] Dagda Sideways: (don't worry if you don't get a menu immediately, there are a lot of people clicking and it may be delayed)
[2009/06/07 12:53] Vax Sirnah hums the jeaopardy theme.
[2009/06/07 12:55] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: OK, in a landslide vote, the ferry system, as described is approved unanimously. Thank you for your votes :) We will be contacting you about your docks sometime soon
[2009/06/07 12:55] Dagda Sideways: (today, if possible)
[2009/06/07 12:56] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Any other issues we need to hear about Land issues/ policies?
[2009/06/07 12:57] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: OK, moving onto the fun and gadgetry category. Tai, please take the stage for your events, then Dagda, and then Eleri, and I'll follow up at the end for final thoughts :)
[2009/06/07 12:57] Tailahr Winnikow: Hi everybuddy!
[2009/06/07 12:58] Tailahr Winnikow: Well, the June Journey is finally finished and open for you all. Please go meet Emmett at the Post Office. :)
[2009/06/07 12:59] Tailahr Winnikow: I'd like to thank my team members without whom it never would have been finished: mostly Wyn who wrote a lot of the documents and Dagda who did a lot of textures and fixed scripts.
[2009/06/07 12:59] Tailahr Winnikow: And, Jeffy helped some, too. :)
[2009/06/07 12:59] Tailahr Winnikow: Now, for more June events.
[2009/06/07 12:59] Genny7 Markus: its fantastic Tailahr
[2009/06/07 12:59] Tailahr Winnikow: Thank you, Genny.
[2009/06/07 13:00] Tailahr Winnikow: I'm dressed this way because I'm getting into the spirit for the Guild of Healers "Silk Road" event this coming Saturday, June 13th (10 am to 1:30 pm SLT) on the new mall rooftop.
[2009/06/07 13:01] Tailahr Winnikow: I'd like you all to come and help make them feel welcome here in their new home.
[2009/06/07 13:01] Astro Balut: Healarious
[2009/06/07 13:02] Tailahr Winnikow: Ghaelen is on her way and bringing another member of the GoH.
[2009/06/07 13:02] Benno Ranimodo: As a Guild of Heaqlers member we will welcome all
[2009/06/07 13:02] Tailahr Winnikow: Ktahdn is providing the music, so you know it's going to be awesome.
[2009/06/07 13:03] Tailahr Winnikow: Oh, as an aside here, before I forget: all of the guild pub shirts are now available in dispensers in their respective pubs.
[2009/06/07 13:03] Tailahr Winnikow: Now, about the July Journey....
[2009/06/07 13:04] Tailahr Winnikow: The July Journey will focus on the residents here and their homes or favorite locations.
[2009/06/07 13:04] Tailahr Winnikow: I sent out a notecard to the residents and you can also find examples of it in the Guild of Publicists Pub.
[2009/06/07 13:04] Tailahr Winnikow: Has anyone read the notecard, yet and/or have any questions about it?
[2009/06/07 13:05] Tailahr Winnikow: Okee, well, I hope that you will all consider participating and I expect to see those notecard replies start flooding in any day now. ;)
[2009/06/07 13:05] Tailahr Winnikow: I think that's all I have for now.
[2009/06/07 13:06] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: OK, Dagda, take the stage for your events, please?
[2009/06/07 13:06] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: feel free to throw in stuff about the puzzle rooms etc. too that I forgot to add in :)
[2009/06/07 13:06] Dagda Sideways: hi again ㋡
[2009/06/07 13:06] Dagda Sideways: we'll be starting the second round of building classes this week
[2009/06/07 13:06] Dagda Sideways: back to level 1 again, for people who missed out
[2009/06/07 13:07] Dagda Sideways: there's still plenty of room for anyone who's interested. contact either myself or DeAnn for info
[2009/06/07 13:07] Dagda Sideways: This afternoon I'm also going to be sending out a notice for a planning meeting for the building workshops, which will be one-session classes on a specific topic
[2009/06/07 13:08] Dagda Sideways: i'll be looking for people interested in teaching, as well as taking suggestions for specific topics
[2009/06/07 13:08] Dagda Sideways: and about the long-delayed puzzle rooms...
[2009/06/07 13:09] Dagda Sideways: the past week has been taken up with other concerns, but I'll also be sending out a planning meeting notice for the puzzle rooms this afternoon
[2009/06/07 13:09] Dagda Sideways: I'll be looking for people to help with ideas, building, scripting, everything
[2009/06/07 13:09] Tailahr Winnikow volunteers
[2009/06/07 13:09] Dagda Sideways: it should be a lot of fun ㋡
[2009/06/07 13:10] Dagda Sideways writes Tai in big letters
[2009/06/07 13:10] Dagda Sideways: any questions about any of these?
[2009/06/07 13:10] Ural Arado: moat needs to be removed..
[2009/06/07 13:10] Dagda Sideways: moat?
[2009/06/07 13:10] Tailahr Winnikow gets a letter from Dagda written in large font.
[2009/06/07 13:10] Tailahr Winnikow: Oh, I think he means the space between the round rooms, Dagda.
[2009/06/07 13:11] Ural Arado: a plank is there over the moat
[2009/06/07 13:11] Tailahr Winnikow: Yeah, I put that there.
[2009/06/07 13:11] Dagda Sideways: heh, yeah, that will be repaired before we start building
[2009/06/07 13:11] Dagda Sideways: that was the victim of a change in design
[2009/06/07 13:11] Dagda Sideways: any other questions?
[2009/06/07 13:12] Dagda Sideways: I think that's it for me, then
[2009/06/07 13:13] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: OK, Eleri, you there to cover your new info and stuff?
[2009/06/07 13:13] Eleri Ethaniel: yup!
[2009/06/07 13:13] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Awesome :)
[2009/06/07 13:13] Eleri Ethaniel: Hey everybuggy :)
[2009/06/07 13:13] Eleri Ethaniel: The announcement about the Fish Building and Clothing Design contests went out yesterday
[2009/06/07 13:14] Eleri Ethaniel: the tools for building the fish are in the post office, and that's where the contest drop boxes will be after the 14th of this month.
[2009/06/07 13:14] Tailahr Winnikow: (if you haven't received this info, yet, I will be forwarding it in this week's ED update)
[2009/06/07 13:15] Eleri Ethaniel: I'll also be sending out a couple of notices after the meeting: First, that the Guild of Planners is looking for a European Coordinator
[2009/06/07 13:15] Eleri Ethaniel: second, information on how to plan events here in Eder D'uru
[2009/06/07 13:16] Eleri Ethaniel: Any resident is welcome to host or organize an event here, and we're here to help.
[2009/06/07 13:16] Eleri Ethaniel: Other than that, if you have an idea for an event, game, contest, whatever you'd like to see happen, just let me know!
[2009/06/07 13:17] Eleri Ethaniel: thas' all for me, unless anyone has questions
[2009/06/07 13:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Feel free to send those notices out to D'ni refugees too. Not everyone is in the Eder D'uru group yet :)
[2009/06/07 13:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Can't wrangle ya'll in all the time
[2009/06/07 13:17] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: hehe
[2009/06/07 13:17] Eleri Ethaniel: absolutely, contests are open to anyone, not just residents
[2009/06/07 13:18] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Anything else from anyone about events or fun and gadgetry?
[2009/06/07 13:20] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: If there's nothin else I'll say the final thoughts
[2009/06/07 13:20] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Sorry we went over by 20 minutes today too :P
[2009/06/07 13:20] Tailahr Winnikow: Lots to talk about.
[2009/06/07 13:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: So, though there's some bad news on the finances front, you can see we have a lot going on for events and fun. Please encourage others to attend them, and push yourself to come too! This will help us out in that financial front I was talkin about earlier and how you residents can help in more ways than just paying :) Though those ways can be done by anyone
[2009/06/07 13:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: The projects are still coming
[2009/06/07 13:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: lots of stuff happening
[2009/06/07 13:21] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: and other than the financial worries, all is going nicely
[2009/06/07 13:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: As usual, contact any of us with questions
[2009/06/07 13:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: other than that...
[2009/06/07 13:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Meeting Adjourned!

[2009/06/07 13:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Ok, now that the meeting is over
[2009/06/07 13:22] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: I'll drag out the voluntary vote box for increases
[2009/06/07 13:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: residents only
[2009/06/07 13:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: I also put a leave if option
[2009/06/07 13:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: which means if it does go up, you'll leave
[2009/06/07 13:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Completely anonymous, of course
[2009/06/07 13:23] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Once the room is cleared out I'll look at the data
[2009/06/07 13:24] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: and the top three choices will appear next week
[2009/06/07 13:24] Tailahr Winnikow: Jeff, will the box be here for the week?
[2009/06/07 13:24] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: I think I'll do that, yes

[2009/06/07 13:24] Tailahr Winnikow: I'll put it in the update.

[2009/06/07 13:25] Ghaelen Winnikow: sorry to aks a dumb question.... are the numbers $ surface?
[2009/06/07 13:25] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: Yes, USD
[2009/06/07 13:25] JeffeJ5005 Lewis: So, that'd be the equivalent of 1 USD in whatever currency you pay in
Once again, thank you to Tailahr for formatting and logging the meeting.

Locked

Return to “Eder D'Uru Guilds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest