Blue Mars News & Info

Moderator: OpenSim Hypergrid Managers

Nalates

Blue Mars News & Info

Post by Nalates »

Blue Mars is an interesting project. I see it as a mix of Uru and SL styles play. I think what those two companies do will tell us more about what works for people in virtual worlds.

Whatever the case may be, I'll post interesting things about Blue Mars as I find them.

I just saw a tweet about avatars in Blue. Cute Blue Mars Avatar and another

It appears they have finally started getting clothes and shoes into Blue. Time for another trip to Mars.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Nalates

Re: Blue Mars News & Info

Post by Nalates »

Blue Mars is moving to the Cloud. This means the VW can run amazing high-end graphics on low-end hardware.

new World Notes is reporting: Breaking News: Blue Mars Launching Cloud-Based Option This Year: Low Lag, High-Res 3D Virtual World Without High-End Hardware -- Can Second Life Technically Compete?

SL is working to change their users' experience. Part of their system has been moved to the cloud. But moving the graphics off to the cloud makes for a drastic change to the client side software. We'll see how the two complete.

Blue Mars operates much more like MOULa than SL does. It would be nice to see the MOULa code and know what the licenses will be.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah

Return to “Worlds Index”