Moss build questions

Useful Information About OpenUru.org & Projects (Plus HOWTO: Post On Forums)

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

rarified

Re: Moss build questions

Post by rarified »

J'Kla wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:54 am

In the dirtsand model we used github to grab an image of the base file structure.

QUESTION: So for MOSS is this done with mercurial and if so what is the required command?
I *think* you've answered your own question (I'm catching up here, having been busy the last few weeks). But the term "image" is not very descriptive.

Do you mean the MOSS source bundle?
Or the MOULa content files that get delivered to the client machine when it runs the CWE client?
Or the server-specific manifests that stay on the server but describe the content files?

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
J'Kla

Re: Moss build questions

Post by J'Kla »

To be fair I don't really know.

I know that when I do the github get data thing (there are two git clone commands one for string_theory.git and one for dirtsand.git) this clones the dirtsand file structure during the build I then run Make commands to get the required code to run the shard.

I am presuming that Mercurial is something similar to github and there is some equivalent command that does an acquisition of the folder structure that MOSS needs

NOTE This is pure guesswork I know what github is and I have kind of figured out what happens during the dirtsand clone and build.

Never having managed to have a MOSS shard I am running blind.

As I have a dirtsand shard up and running there is no real urgency for this. ;)

Return to “General Information”