Purpose of Myst/Uru-Style Story Section -- discussion (OOC)

Moderator: OpenSim Hypergrid Managers

JWPlatt

Re: Purpose of Myst/Uru-Style Story Section -- discussion (OOC)

Post by JWPlatt »

Restored post: Myst/Uru-Style Story • Re: Purpose of Myst/Uru-Style Story Section -- discussion (OOC)
Hypergrid 10.2.2010 um 19:43 JWPlatt

With the posting of your preamble, this subforum is now visible. Thanks!
Perfect speed is being there.
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

Restored post: Myst/Uru-Style Story • Re: Purpose of Myst/Uru-Style Story Section -- discussion (OOC)
Hypergrid 11.2.2010 um 05:05 Nalates

Thanks JWP.

We should sticky and lock them as we get to them.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hypergrid 11.2.2010 um 12:43 Dot

The problem is that the way Uru works even normally non-IC players do edge into IC style, and vice versa, without always realising that is what is going on.

I am also very aware of the upset and tensions there can be between IC and OOC styles. I have seen that happen myself, and it is very unpleasant.

Let's see what is possible by using tags and hopefully sensitive moderating, if necessary. That way we can learn from each other, and appreciate others' viewpoints.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hypergrid 11.2.2010 um 13:15 Mac_Fife

In that case I suggest we ask JW to set the following (or something similar) in the "posting" section of the ACP:

Code: Select all

BBCode usage:
[OOC]{TEXT}[/OOC]

HTML replacement:
<span style="background-color: #CCCCFF;"><b>OOC:</b> {TEXT}</span>

Help line:
Out of Cavern: [ooc]text[/ooc]

Settings:
Tick
This puts a kind of lilac-blue background on the tagged text and flags it with "OOC: ".
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hypergrid 11.2.2010 um 13:52 Dot

Thanks, MacFife.

I wonder too whether it would be helpful to discuss (in an OOC thread, of course) the particular difficulties we each have in this area, so that again we can see others' viewpoints and perhaps together work out ways of handling them as individuals and as groups.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hypergrid 11.2.2010 um 21:46 Mac_Fife

JWPlatt wrote:Sometimes I get black fields on the GoW forums for spoilers.
Yes, there is a really naff "spoiler" tag suggested on the phpBB support forums that simply adds a black background. What needs to be explained to people is that to reveal the spoiler you need to drag and highlight the affected text, thereby inverting the background to allow the black text to become visible.

The only appeal of that tag is that it doesn't rely on javascript.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hypergrid 11.2.2010 um 23:59 Dot

JW and MacFife: In IC/OOC confusion: how to deal with it? (OOC) I included this in the initial post:

By the way, in this section, should a similar situation arise where someone asks an OOC question in a mainly IC thread, the thread participants will be expected to respond helpfully in an OOC way, to clear up any possible confusion immediately. Respect for others is key.

I hope that that too will help to ease your concerns.

However, I don't think separating the IC and OOC into separate areas is necessarily going to aid understanding. In game the two styles are mixed, so explicitly labelling such a mixture here might help by providing a model.

Return to “Myst/Uru-Style Story”