Devokan: story discussions (IC/OOC)

Moderator: OpenSim Hypergrid Managers

Nalates

Re: Devokan: story discussions (IC/OOC)

Post by Nalates »

I'm texturing and building. I have more RL work so less game time. Texturing is a slow process for me. I'm not overly happy with any of the generator textures. I'm experimenting with a control panel on the generators, in North Restoration @ 510m. Once I get what I want on that I think I'll have learned enough about textures to get things looking as I want.

I want to get the building on Nalands done. I am thinking you may want to put a simple GoMa or other office on one of the rooms there. My thinking is that it could have information to lead people over to Devokan. As people explore I would like for there to be interesting things to find. As it takes more shape I think I will have multiple journals. A personal one I will move around. May be one in the library (?) chronicling the effort to bring the old building back.

Perhaps information on where Mat's ship is at any time can be added too.

In all building the N Restor building is going to be much slower process than I thought. I've come up with some ideas to reduce the amount of work, but there is still a lot to do. That means that part of the story is delayed.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Post by Dot »

I'm in a similar situation re RL work -- it's good that it has re-started (and a relief). Whatever we do here, it needs to be enjoyable and not pressured. In a way, that is partly behind the spreading of the storylines, to reduce the pressure on all of us to maintain momentum.

Thanks for the offer of an office for GoMa -- that would be great! Also the library idea. I really must get my own inworld journals up to date.

Mat is placing his ship wherever people invite him. It's best to liaise with him for that information.
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

I'll try to catch Mat. I've had the sim down a lot the last couple of days. I've needed the speed on my workstation.

May be I can get him to put one of dock things he built in the vacant sim between Nalands and Devokan. He can put a LM there to where ever he is. I can then put an LM in my sims so people can find him.

Or... does a link to the SIM name work wherever the sim is... ...I suppose it would... I'll have to try it.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Post by Dot »

It's just struck me that it makes a lot of sense in story terms to start at Nalands for exploring, it being the place for the Guild of Cartographers (sorry if I am slow at times!).

Return to “Myst/Uru-Style Story”