Viewers compatible with the Hypergrid

Moderator: OpenSim Hypergrid Managers

Dot

Viewers compatible with the Hypergrid

Post by Dot »

This thread is for discussing the different viewers that facilitate access to various parts of the Hypergrid -- how easy they are to use, for example, or ways to overcome any quirks.

I currently use two viewers for OSgrid work: Hippo and Imprudence. Versions are available for Mac and Windows machines (I use both).

I had problems with the latest version of Emerald (1.23.5.1582), which for the first time includes a grid manager on the log-in screen, like that in Hippo and Imprudence. The grid manager worked fine, and I was able to log on to both the OSgrid and Second Life. Unfortunately, textures did not download properly, so the world around was grey and uninteresting. My avatar remained ghostlike too. Hopefully, given the normal pace of development within the Emerald team, this will be sorted soon.
Nalates

Re: Viewers compatible with the Hypergrid

Post by Nalates »

Emerald has immediately followed with an update to 1585. They have also published a separate fix for a Mac side problem.

See: Emerald Viewer 1.23.5.1582 Released – Review (updated)

I have yet to get my blog updated again... Modular Systems is now up to release 1628...

On the Windows side I'm very happy with it. I have yet to use it much on the OpenSIM side.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Dot

Re: Viewers compatible with the Hypergrid

Post by Dot »

A new version of Hippo has been released: http://mjm-labs.com/viewer/

Return to “Client & Server Software”