You are asked during the registration process for an Invitation Code to prevent automated registration by spambots. The code is currently "Shorah". If it does not work for you, please email Webmaster@OpenUru.org.
After you register and your account is validated, you are automatically a member of the "Registered Users" usergroup. Registered Users can see forums, but cannot post replies, create new topics, or edit the wiki. *Follow these instructions to join the Members usergroup and begin posting new threads and editing the wiki. The "Members" usergroup is an open usergroup and does not need Group Leader approval. Some Project Groups may have their own Usergroup to allow posting to their specific forums.
- Login to your account.
- Click on "User Control Panel" in the upper left corner of this page.
- Click on the "Usergroups" tab.
- Find the "Members" usergroup. Scroll down if necessary.
- Click on the bullet to the right in the Member usergroup row to select it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure "Join selected" is in the "Select" dropdown menu.
- Click on the "Submit" button next to the selection dropdown menu.
If you would like to see more forums, or have any good ideas, please post them to the Suggestions forum.
For information about project proposals and obtaining domain resources for your projects, see this post:
Domain resources are free. They include subdomains for project websites, a blog, use of the wiki, use of issue tracking, use of a code repository, a project forum here, and domain email. Project applications are required and subject to evaluation and approval.
Have fun. Make a difference.
* Alternate accounts have their own permissions and are not permitted to join the Members usergroup or edit the wiki.