Good Ideas We Run Into

Open: Proposal To Open Source Uru

Moderator: Open Source Project Managers

Nalates

Good Ideas We Run Into

Post by Nalates »

Every so often I see a new idea for Open Uru I haven't heard of before.

Nek'rahm's Eder Book
Nek'rahm wrote:Delin and Tsogal are almost too small to have books, first off (Kemo and Gira have books for obvious reasons).

Plus, there's no point. You aren't able to "do" anything in Delin and Tsogal because the Journeys there require 7+ people. The only Age that gives a book that requires more than one person is Jalak Dalor, for the express reason that different groups might use different books on special occasions.

I would love to see more Eder books, and perhaps have a new book on our shelf that Links us to a "Garden Library" consisting of various Garden Ages (once we go OS).
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Nalates

Re: Good Ideas We Run Into

Post by Nalates »

Many fans are considering ways to make Uru more entertaining and popular. There is also an interest in protecting the look and feel of Uru. Quite a balancing act... In that line here is another idea that I like:
Professor Paul1290 @ MOUL wrote:I really liked the pod ages with some of their occasional appearances of animals. The pod ages themselves aren't much, they're painfully tiny. However, I thought they were rather entertaining for their size. Sure the stuff in them isn't really "random", but at least their patterns were a bit more than the constant metronome that seems to run everything else. They weren't much, but I thought they did a lot to give "life" to an otherwise static environment.

I think the main Ae'gura cavern in particular could really benefit a few simple "events" timed to some kind of schedule.

It wouldn't have to be anything spectacular or extravagant, anything to break up the deadness of place would be welcome. Maybe the cavern lighting up a bit more at certain times on some kind weekly or monthly pattern (call it "glowing algae growth cycles" or something) or maybe even something artificial like an imager that would be updated every once in a while with In Cavern news and stuff ("If anyone happens finds a blue sock near the library, please contact Dr. Watson.").

Even adding a few more small details like the "divers lights" would be an improvement.
Reference Link
Obviously we don't know what we will or won't be able to change in existing Cyan ages... but the idea of regularly occurring events seems good. Sunsets on California beaches are a nightly event folks come out for.

The random events in the pod ages were probably created to keep people there long enough to experience the portal opening. The thinking, if that was it, seems a bit utilitarian. Considering the need for longer term play and entertainment some feeding cycle could have been built in, something more playful. Feeding shroomie could have triggered an appearance. There could be a time of day that shroomie just shows up.

Anyway another idea...
Nalates
Nalates

Re: Good Ideas We Run Into

Post by Nalates »

Canon
CANON IS GOD, BUT I’M AN ATHEIST.

Seems to be well thought out. Should be a good reference.
Nalates

Return to “OpenUru”