OpenURU.org Resources & Tools

Information & Discussion Which Applies To All Resources

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Domain Managers, Bugtracker Resource Managers, Wiki Resource Managers, Groupware Resource Managers, Blog Resource Managers

JWPlatt

Re: OpenURU.org Tools

Post by JWPlatt »

rarified wrote:For the moment, why not point support.openuru.org (virtual host) to a page hierarchy on the Wiki for self-help? That can include links to the bugtracker, mail list, suggested forum topics, project-specific resources, etc.
I haven't forgotten about this suggestion. Some things happen too slowly, but I finally got around to it. I updated the home page with a link to the wiki portal. I also added the support subdomain with a redirect to the portal.

The portal needs some more updating.

Thanks.
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

Re: OpenURU.org Resources & Tools

Post by JWPlatt »

I am considering yet aother groupware/project management/bugtracker combo.

I may soon set up a test instance of Atlassian Jira and associated tools. This is a quality professional tool. It is normally a paid license but they provide free licenses to non-profit open source projects. I have already been in contact with them.

Take a look at http://www.atlassian.com/
rarified

Post by rarified »

Hey JW! Your activity has kicked me out of my hibernation...

Is there movement afoot? I've drifted off to stuff outside Uru for the last few months, and havn't been keeping up.

I've only used JIRA on one project (the Hudson build engine) and it seemed ok, although I wasn't using it from a developer pov. Sometimes the server had response issues, but who knows how it was configured. I'll take a look in a day or so.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

No movement yet, except an emerging effort with grids and seeking to provide an infrastructure for them that would also benefit Open Uru.

Server response issues might not surprise me on a modest server because it uses Java. There is a challenge here because JIRA requires a Java Developers Kit (JDK) to be installed on the server. It also wants an application server like Tomcat or JBoss. The hosting service of this site allows neither because, as you could guess, it uses too much systems resources. So it would have to be an external server at whatever cost. It supports MySQL and others, so no problem there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These subforums have been reorganized slightly. The resource links nested within each resource subforum have been moved up to a category here in the main resource subforum.

What do you think?

Return to “Resource Information”