repository access difficulties

Wireshark Plugin For Uru Client Protocol

Moderator: Wireshark Plugin Managers

Hamled

repository access difficulties

Post by Hamled »

I'm having trouble authenticating with the svn repo to pull down the latest revision. It seems that the repo's authentication is hooked up with foundry now, not sure if it was before. However, my foundry account (hamled) does not have permission to access the wireshark_plugin repo, and guest/guest does not pass authentication.
rarified

Re: The plugin works on MOSS too!

Post by rarified »

Try again, I had overlooked adding the public group to the read access list for the Wireshark repository.

Sorry about that.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
rarified

Re: The plugin works on MOSS too!

Post by rarified »

Arrgh. I just was looking through error logs this morning and see that I had a edit error on the access file fix I did yesterday, so the public access to the plugin still was not working right. A couple of people have tried to access the wireshark plugin last night and may still have encountered problems.

This time (for sure) I've got the access list correct. Please retry access, and also please don't hesitate to post if it still is not working. If it's not working for you, it won't be working for others.

_R
a'moaca'

Re: repository access difficulties

Post by a'moaca' »

I split this topic so it will hopefully be easier to find.

- a'moaca' (n00b moderator)
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

I was one of the people who tried and failed earlier today but I managed to check out the repo now. The guest login did not work though. I had to use my personal login. You might want to change that in the wiki.
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

rarified, is that correct? guest/guest access is gone? There's no longer any way to download this code without making a JIRA account?

I'm not sure I'd have ever gotten started on Uru coding if I couldn't get any code without accounts. :(

- a'moaca'
rarified

Post by rarified »

a'moaca' wrote:guest/guest access is gone? There's no longer any way to download this code without making a JIRA account?
That's the current state, although not totally the intention.

When we centralized authentication to one shared database, there were a large number of guest-type accounts, many of which I chose to filter out. Guest/guest still is in that database, but it is not getting propagated out to all the tools consistently. Some of that is group assignments for the 'guest' user, some of it is access matrices that say user X has access to resource Y.

When we stopped using the turnstile I didn't go through all the paths for guest access, and have missed this one. I'll work on it in a little while.

For the moment *some* kind of JIRA account is needed because the Web interface(s) to the repositories goes through Apache, which has to collect and pass down to the repo modules the web credentials. Completely anonymous access will require building patterns for examining GET url string formats that would be allowed to bypass the authentication check. I don't have all those patterns created at this time.

_R

[Edit: Update: I found where guest/guest was blocked, it now should be able to access the repositories]

Return to “Wireshark Plugin For Uru Client Protocol”