The X Project (Foundry)

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
Mac_Fife

Re: The X Project (Foundry)

Post by Mac_Fife »

Somewhere (that I can't now find easily) rarified commented on needing to get something in place to replace the 403 that currently occurs if you browse the root of the Foundry.

This "home page" probably needs to match the styling of the rest of the site (although I wouldn't push anything regarding styling of the Foundry tools). If this is envisaged to be a single page or maybe a couple of pages, then I can supply a cut-down version of the main site styling files, then you can just populate the index.php file. If there's an expectation that a growing number of pages may be required, then I'd customize the WikiCMS tool instead.

I don't recall - After the rebuild of the system was there a problem with PHP?
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yes, JW and I had observed that in some recent PMs. I am tied up with some tax work today but need to "paint the front door" to match the OU home page.

JW said that most of the content comes from the wiki (if I recall correctly) so I wondered if I needed all the wiki infrastructure to make the home page appearance the same. If not, that would be better. I had some trouble getting the Apache PHP module to compile right so right now I don't have PHP enabled on the Foundry apache server.

Any help would be appreciated, will be able to spend some time on this later in the day.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

If we want to fully integrate management of the Foundry home page, I can open a database port for you to the OU wiki that accepts only your IP. You will in any case need a local install of the wikiCMS code. Then any of us could do the rest.

Keep in mind this is certainly not something critical we need to rush for Tuesday. It would just be nice if there's nothing more important to do, either personally or for CWE.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Somewhat redundant offer, JW, if the Foundry isn't able to run PHP to query the Wiki DB ;) . That also snags querying the phpBB DB for the site tagline. I'll need to make a branch of WikiCMS and convert it to use static HTML instead of PHP. Clunky, maintenance-wise, but if it's only for one or two pages, no big deal. It'll end up as CSS plus an HTML page template with a {put your content here} div in the middle.
Mac_Fife
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I'd hold off spending any time on that until we know PHP will never work, which I doubt. I'm going on faith in rarified. ;)
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

OK, but there's probably not a lot of time in it - I could probably nail it in 30 minutes. (And I've got a little more time now - I just cancelled Friday's surgery, since I've got a a cold right now - Heh! Too ill to go to hospital :lol: )
Mac_Fife

Return to “Management”