JIRA Browser Troubles With Frames, Javascript

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
Mac_Fife

Re: ToDo

Post by Mac_Fife »

a'moaca' wrote:I'm using 3.6.12 and it works better than Mac's.
I also tried an older version I had, (much older, maybe 3.1.?? - didn't actually take a note) and it gave me exactly the same result.

What might be notable is that in my test case neither frame renders at all: This might be something to do with the order the frames are loaded, as I'm trying to load the frame containing Jira first. I suspect from a'moaca's description that her order will be reversed. Once I get home and have FTP access to my test server I'll try that.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
a'moaca'

Re: ToDo

Post by a'moaca' »

Yes, the JIRA frame is loaded second. The first frame is actually just a little local html file with a list of links. So in my case, even if it loaded in the other order, it's difficult to imagine the link listing frame failing to load.

I'm also not sure it's that simple, since I do get the non-javascript content okay in the JIRA frame. Yay for all our highly compliant code, it makes everything work together so well!

At any rate, since I have a workaround (I open JIRA in a full tab and not a frame) I don't know how critical this is to figure out. It would be nice, of course, but that's about all.

- a'moaca'
Mac_Fife

Re: JIRA Browser Troubles With Frames, Javascript

Post by Mac_Fife »

Yes, maybe the simple answer is to say "We do not recommend running JIRA within a frame". We now know that frames are an issue, even if we don't know why, so from the perspective of solving user problems we know how to direct people. It's unlikely to be a common problem and there are probably bigger things to deal with right now.

Should it be added to the Issue Tracking anyway?

Edit: I wonder if this all comes about becuase JIRA is using frames as containers for the widgets, and the nesting of framesets is causing conflicts between parent and child windows?
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “Management”