ToDo: Wiki Menu Pages Text

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
Mac_Fife

ToDo: Wiki Menu Pages Text

Post by Mac_Fife »

In terms of "ToDo" items:

1) I'm thinking that we might want to have a FAQ page for Project X: I'm thinking that some people will be coming here for maybe the first time, reading some of our information and then e.g. wondering if they need to request or join a Project to be able to do anything. Obviously we can't at this point put anything where it might become exposed prior to the release event, but having things like this tucked away in text files ready to be pasted into the wiki might be a good idea.

2) The Community Menu Page: Could probably do with a little more dressing up. I'd probably suggest a two column layout, putting the resource links into the left column, and all the "About" paragraphs in the right one. I also wonder if the "Wiki" comments should maybe be placed above "Blogs" (I'm trying to think in terms of putting what most people need to know towards the top).

3) The Development Menu Page: Similar to above, but it's less clear to me what needs doing. There probably needs to be a bit more description against each item. There may be a need for some "About" comments too, but that might need to wait on rarified finalising the Crowd integration.

4) The About Menu Page: Will this need any update? At the moment, I don't think that'll be necessary, unless someone tells me different.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Re: ToDo: Wiki Menu Pages Text

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've made a start by reformatting the Community menu page as I described above. I'm going to leave the Development page alone for now, but I'm not sure the same layout would work there any way. Maybe tabulate the links and provide a short description for each.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “Management”