ToDo: Find Mascot For OpenUru.org

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
a'moaca'

Re: ToDo: Find Mascot For OpenUru.org

Post by a'moaca' »

Mac_Fife wrote:(although you'll also see that if you look directly at the page OpenUru:About in the wiki, since the wiki doesn't parse javascript in articles.)
Ah, well, that's what I did. What was I supposed to do?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Look at the "About" web page from the site menu, above, instead of its source on the wiki.

Mac's code fix for the play-once issue has been updated to the site.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Heh! The wiki page actually supplies the content that gets fed into the About page that's linked from the menu bar: http://www.openuru.org/pages/About.php - The WikiCMS that you might see JW and I referring to is a simple system I created to allow the wiki to be used for content creation and storage for "normal" webpages used by the main site.

I've added Mini to the Home, Community, Development and About pages now. Don't ask me where the triggers are - I can't remember ;)

Tomorrow I'll maybe wind the opacity up a notch.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Mini opacity is now 10%.

Should we post a "Can you spot our new mascot, Mini the squee?" message somewhere?
Mac_Fife
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I don't think we need to rush it. It might be better to phase in after the announcement when people might actually be here to see it. And we might want to consider making a page load cause her to walk across, besides the hot spots. Can that be done with what's in place?

I'm still thinking about animating my No-Division avatar to rotate the division symbol and make Mini fade in and out.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

OK. I was thinking along the lines of trying to stir up some interest in the site prior to announcement to get people signed up in advance and sort of "stress test" things a little. But I guess there's not that much to keep people interested yet.

Triggering the animation on page load is trickier since the onload() javascript function needs to be called in the <body> tag, which means tinkering with the header template. There are ways to attach the event handler from within the page content, but that would need more parsing/translation of escaped characters in the wiki page than WikiCMS currently handles.
Mac_Fife

Return to “Management”