Re: ToDo: ToDo

Post by Mac_Fife »

:)
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

The CWE forums are in their final state except for thread locks, permissions and the inclusion of the Wireshark plugin. I am ambivalent about whether to keep the Cyan Servers forum visible. Is it more informational to leave it visible with an explanation?

a'moaca', I think you can edit and post in your MOSS forum despite the locks. Please let me know if you can't.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

JWPlatt wrote: Is it more informational to leave it visible with an explanation?
I was pondering that question myself over the past couple of days. Making it visible sort of says "it will come in due course". Would it be harmful to leave it unlocked for speculative posts?
Mac_Fife
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

@JW: The list of open blockers on the first post here seems to be a bit longer than it ought to be, but it's hard to tell which ones have been closed out - Any chance you'll manage to update the "master list" so we can all see where we are?
Mac_Fife
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

3/31/11 Update (OP updated to match - including color code):

Code: Select all

[B*]MOSS: a'moaca'- Complete and test MOSS server.
[B*]CWE: Cyan - License CWE Auth and Game files.
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife, JWPlatt, a'moaca', rarified - Write/check FAQ questions and answers
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife - CWE page - Incorporate text somewhere that the client and plugin are part and parcel, and use Visual C++, Python, libraries, etc.
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife - Add links on Cyan source page to server auth and game files for download
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife - Post FAQs
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife - Add Foundry Tools section to top of Development menu page.  Still needs Crucible listed.
[ *]wiki: JWPlatt, Mac_Fife - Add CWE project page
[  ]MOUL: Add link on Developers page to http://OpenUru.org.
[B*]Forums; JWPlatt - Rename "Lorem Ipsum Gamma" forum to "CyanWorlds.com Engine - Servers", set #3, lock and (maybe) hide
[ *]Forums: JWPlatt - Rename "Open Source & Infrastructure Projects" to "Open Uru Infrastructure Projects"
[ *]Forums: JWPlatt - Post reference to Q&A/FAQ on wiki
[B*]Forums: JWPlatt - Write intro blubs for each CWE forum (Info, Client/Plugin, Server, MOSS)
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife, JWPlatt - Insert open source news with page link for development info in Main Page.
[ *]Wiki: Mac_Fife, cjkell1, JWPlatt - Create development page and post prepared text
[B*]Repo: rarified - Provide stats on pulls, pushes, clones, forks.
[ *]CWE: cjkelly1, a'moaca' - Build client/plugin as completely as possible before announcement

Added:

[B*]Forums: JWPlatt - Post forum purpose announcements for all CWE forums to replace all phony Lorem Ipsum text
[  ]wikiCMS: JWPlatt - Set to use new wiki database (post-announce)
[ *]wiki: cjkelly1 - Write page describing how to build the CWE client using VC6/MSVC2003
[  ]CWE: cjkelly1, ? - Obtain or develop missing libraries, issue per library
[B ]CWE: JWPlatt - Merge CWE-work with cjkelly1 and a'moaca's client work into CWE.

Deleted:
[  ]Wiki: ? - Copy MOSS docs from temp wiki to public wiki

Changed:

[B ]Repo: rarified, JWPlatt - Implement throttle for initial pulls of CWE (process posted to wiki and forum thread - needs rarified's blessing).
[B ]Forums; JWPlatt - Unlock all CWE forums except Server (maybe unlock server forum too). (immediately prior)
[  ]CWE: cjkelly1, Mac_Fife - Determine license compatibility of missing libraries, issue per library - create wiki page
[  ]Wiki: JWPlatt - Redirect production wiki to Squee wiki database.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

[  ]CWE: cjkelly1, Mac_Fife - Determine license compatibility of missing libraries, issue per library - create wiki page
I've got something in against each of the libs/SDKs here: http://squee.openuru.org/index.php?titl ... s_and_SDKs
It may not be complete, it may have errors, but it's a reasonable starter, I think. If anyone can see corrections that need made then feel free to edit, or simply comment back to me.

[ ]Domain: Mac_Fife - Set page meta data for CyanWorlds.com Engine - MMOG client, server and tools
Done, in SVN waiting on the moment arriving for JW to push it to the server.

"Mini" animation has been ported to the squee wiki, so it'll be active on the DB switchover.
Mac_Fife
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

Mac_Fife wrote:

I've got something in against each of the libs/SDKs here: http://squee.openuru.org/index.php?titl ... s_and_SDKs
It may not be complete, it may have errors, but it's a reasonable starter, I think. If anyone can see corrections that need made then feel free to edit, or simply comment back to me.
Wow, that looks nicely done.
rarified

Post by rarified »

[B*]Repo: rarified - Provide stats on pulls, pushes, clones, forks.
[B ]Repo: rarified, JWPlatt - Implement throttle for initial pulls of CWE (process posted to wiki and forum thread - needs rarified's blessing).
Second item has my blessing, looks fine. As long as expectations are not rigid about response time during the days following (I'm going to try to make Tuesday a light work day :))
First item under way.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Other items on rarified's plate I hope to finish:

[B ] Foundry: rarified - reactivate Win2k3 build environment and make sure tools functional
[B*] Foundry: rarified - create Ubuntu 10.10 build environment, check tools
[B ] MOSS: rarified - Build on Hudson/Jenkins.
[  ] CWE: rarified - Build on Hudson/Jenkins.
[  ] MOSS: rarified - finish & deliver server setup script to patient a'moaca'
[  ] Wiki: rarified - set up direct links in wiki to retrieve build results from Jenkins/Hudson builds
[B ] Foundry: rarified - paint the front door (almost done with Mac's help)
[  ] Foundry: rarified - update Fisheye/Crucible to 2.5.3 (bugfix release, may help Mac's display issues)
_R

Edited: to add Fisheye update
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Um, thanks for adding tasks to your own ToDo, rarified! Seems fair. ;)

I'll update the OP again by Monday.

FYI, I have taken your blocker off Foundry's "paint the front door." A home page on Foundry will be nice, but we already have so many documented links from the site's pages and wiki that I think folks will get around nicely enough that it shouldn't be set to hold up release. That, and the phrase is just so similar to "painting the shed" that we don't want any self-fulfilling prophesies. ;)

Return to “Management”