ToDo: Mini Bio's

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
Mac_Fife

ToDo: Mini Bio's

Post by Mac_Fife »

Code: Select all

[ ]Wiki: JWPlatt - Get one-paragraph community and/or personal (optional) bio from all principals - if possible.
Is this still in the plan?

How does JW see this being realized? The wiki gives each person a User page where they could post something, but I suspect you have in mind a single wiki page with all the bio's. It could simply pull from the User pages though.

Does "principals" include Cyan (I'm guessing it does), and if so has anyone asked them?
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Re: ToDo: Mini Bio's

Post by JWPlatt »

Glad you brought this up. I know some people are uncomfortable with this sort of thing, hence "if possible." So it's something voluntary to do for anyone who would like to participate. I was thinking of putting these things on the "About" page, as companies do, possibly as the start of a significant contributor list in recognition of talent and effort. "Principals," at the time I wrote it, included only the CWE team at OpenUru.org, but it would be great to include the Cyan Worlds principals if they were willing. I have not asked anyone other than putting it into the ToDo, leaving it up to individual enthusiasm. ;) This can be done at any time.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I'll "go with the flow" on this - I have no strong opinion one way or the other about it. I realize some folks might be reluctant to volunteer much (or any) information that could be considered "personal", and an Uru (almost IC) bio may not feel very relevant.

That's why I wanted to float this one up to the surface - to see if it was even viable.
Mac_Fife
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'm ok with a brief contribution, but I'm usually naive when it comes to anticipating the downside of things. Would you expect a flash mob on the foundry :shock: (the foundry master is already beat up so that would be pointless ;) )
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

Here's mine.

a'moaca' arrived in UU in 2005, interested in working on Alcugs. But then she fixed some other stuff. Then she fixed Alcugs stuff, and some other stuff, and then some different stuff, finally fixing some other things. Then she analyzed network traffic to help fix stuff, and finally started working on MOSS after the announcement of the closure of MOUL.

Are you sure you still want it? ;)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

:lol: That's kind of what I was thinking we'd end up with if we were to try to keep things in a relatively anonymous, Uru context. Because most of you guys keep a fairly low profile on the MOUL forums, there will be those relative newcomers that won't know who you are or your history. But most of the prospective devs have been around a while and will be aware. So I don't know that these bios would help much: If they're mostly vague and wooly, avoiding NDA covered subjects and stuff that would be personally identifiable in RL then it's maybe better to drop the idea.
Mac_Fife

Return to “Management”