ToDo: MOSS work

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
a'moaca'

ToDo: MOSS work

Post by a'moaca' »

I have just pushed MOSS to the Hg repo!

I still have a lot of writing, collating, and rearranging of documentation to do, but it's next on the list.

Because I just have to say it somewhere... I used some of the extra time to get some useful testing in. I think it is safe to say this is the strangest Uru server that has ever existed:

Code: Select all

NetBSD 5.1 (GENERIC_SCSI3) #0: Sat Nov  6 18:44:43 UTC 2010
        builds@b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/sparc/201011061943Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC_SCSI3
total memory = 159 MB
avail memory = 152 MB
timecounter: Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
bootpath: /iommu@0,10000000/sbus@0,10001000/espdma@5,8400000/esp@5,8800000/sd@3,
mainbus0 (root): SUNW,SPARCstation-5: hostid 807816f0
cpu0 at mainbus0: MB86904 @ 110 MHz, on-chip FPU
cpu0: 16K instruction (32 b/l), 8K data (16 b/l): cache enabled
And better yet, I split the shard between it and an ordinary PC for further testing.

For the curious, total build time on a laptop with 512 MB of memory and a 1.8 GHz processor was: 1m37s for bootstrap/configure, 6m15s for build. On the sparc: 15m3s bootstrap/configure, 1h33m30s for build. 15x. Heh. :)

- a'moaca'
JWPlatt

Re: ToDo: MOSS work

Post by JWPlatt »

a'moaca' wrote:I have just pushed MOSS to the Hg repo!
(w00t!)^w00t!
a'moaca' wrote:I still have a lot of writing, collating, and rearranging of documentation to do, but it's next on the list.
<looks at calendar>
Um
<looks at wristwatch>
erm
<looks at stopwatch>
Cool!
a'moaca' wrote:I think it is safe to say this is the strangest Uru server that has ever existed
Just how many have there been? The air is somewhat "rarified" in this arena.

Speaking of rarified (nice segue, eh?), I've been think of asking him to implement a failover server by Tuesday. Your server is perfect for the job. :lol:
Perfect speed is being there.
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

JWPlatt wrote:Speaking of rarified (nice segue, eh?), I've been think of asking him to implement a failover server by Tuesday. Your server is perfect for the job. :lol:
Oh man. I'm sorry! I forgot to mention it has these giant disks. Two of them, totalling about 3 GB.

- a'moaca'
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

I have put up the MOSS wiki pages. Please do with them as seems necessary.

Tomorrow I will do a last editing pass. But today I am tired.

http://squee.openuru.org/index.php?title=Category:MOSS

P.S.: Ow.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

That's a pretty impressive set of documentation - You deserve a rest :)

I wouldn't even get too worried about that "final editing pass" - there's enough there, I think, that edits can be done relatively at leisure now. And let the community contribute and point out where there might be improvements required, rather than take all the burden yourself.

Anything I'd offer right now will just be "dressing".
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I am blown away, a'moaca' and cjkelly1, by all your hard work. Really great quality and a very interesting and informative discussion of things. MOSS completes the picture to provide a desperately needed development and test path for fan efforts. Doesn't seem like enough to say, but thank you!
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “Management”