How do I pull the CWE Repository?

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123

How do I pull the CWE Repository?

Post by RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 »

How do I pull the CWE repository? And what do I do after doing that? I've never known how to manage these logs and stuff before. All I figured out is that I have to install TortoiseHg Workbench, and I just installed it about 15 minutes ago, but I don't know what to do next. Please give me a specific tutorial for whatever it takes to get the CyanWorlds.com Engine, because I'm confused. There's an asterisk by my name, but I can't figure out how to download. And which log title contains the CWE repository? Is it "Initial Commit of CyanWorlds.com Engine Open Source Client/Plugin", "Add empty folders to initial commit using text file", "Import modified jpeg-8c library. The library is modified to provide the", "Remove EAX from the build, unless EAX_SDK_AVAILABLE is defined. Use some", "The Intel JPEG Library is no longer free. Since we can't just remove all", "Remove Bink from the build, unless BINK_SDK_AVAILABLE is defined. The result", or "Remove projects from AllClient.sln that are missing."?
rarified

Re: CyanWorlds.com Engine Respository Account Queue

Post by rarified »

Ryan,

I have to defer putting a tutorial together at the moment, while we're trying to keep up with access requests.

What you want to research is the "clone" operation using Mercurial. That process makes a copy of a remote repository on your local machine. The CWE or MOSS web locations (the http://... url strings) are what specifies the location of our repository, and what you ask TortoiseHg to "clone" locally (which will create a folder on your machine and populate it with all the files from the repository that you can then look at.) You don't use your web browser to look at those web locations at all.

We'll have to put some links out to tutorials later, or if you collect some, post a thread, but in one of the general OpenUru forum areas.

Thanks
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Nye_Sigismund

Post by Nye_Sigismund »

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you need to create a blank repository first, then synchronise that blank repository with the Foundry. This is actually pretty simple once you wrap your mind the right way.

The issue I'm having is authorization problems. Maybe capitalization? Hmm.

EDIT: Got it - do NOT attempt to use something like Nye_Sigismund to authorise. Use nye_sigismund or whatever instead.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1) Get the TortoiseHg program. Install it.
2) Boot it up. Create a new repository (File dropdown) in a new, blank, folder somewhere.
3) Click on that button in the top row that has two arrows curved around in a circle.
4) That should reveal a "Remote Repository" box. Put foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE into the first of the text fields then click the padlock.
5) Select the second option (the one with the Query button below it) and click Query
6) Put in your Jira user (lower case) and your password (case dependent)
7) Open the clone repository window from File.
8) Put https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE into the first box and a *different to the first* blank folder into the second.
9) Click "clone". Dance.

Anyway, as I'm not much of a code dev, I'm not going to attempt to mess with the files. I'll keep track, though, and contact some Computer Science friends to see if they're interested in helping you guys out. As a verifiably nerdish university student I have a wide variety of Comp Sci friends.

EDIT EDIT: Do you guys need a mirror for what's on there ATM? I've got the files uploaded on Hotfile if you're intested and worried about bandwidth.
Huw Dawson
Team Member
Team OSCAR
rarified

Post by rarified »

Nye_Sigismund wrote:Do you guys need a mirror for what's on there ATM? I've got the files uploaded on Hotfile if you're intested and worried about bandwidth.
Feel free to set up a cloned mirror if you wish, but we're in good shape for the Foundry at the moment. Just remember to come back and share your improvements!

_R
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Nye_Sigismund wrote: The issue I'm having is authorization problems. Maybe capitalization? Hmm.

EDIT: Got it - do NOT attempt to use something like Nye_Sigismund to authorise. Use nye_sigismund or whatever instead.
That's right, the convention that has been set is for usernames to be all lower case on the Foundry (that doesn't apply to the forums, blogs or wiki though).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Nye_Sigismund

Re: How do I pull the CWE Repository?

Post by Nye_Sigismund »

CLONED MIRRORS:

Here's the current version of CWE. It's not built. It also comes with the plugin, which needs TLC.
http://hotfile.com/dl/113600625/4b1ce1b/Blargh.rar.html

MOSS is here.
http://hotfile.com/dl/113650908/bafa822/MOSS.rar.html
Huw Dawson
Team Member
Team OSCAR
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Thanks for that Nye.

I believe (rarified may confirm) that bandwidth is proving to be less of an issue than we anticipated (repo pulls of CWE are completing within a matter of minutes, and much less for MOSS) - we just didn't know what might happen if we got several concurrent pulls, so we were being cautious ;) .

As a postscript...
Nye_Sigismund wrote:It also comes with the plugin, which needs TLC.
It's probably worth noting that both the client and plugin sources will need you to obtain some third party licences and SDKs if you intend to try to build either. Some are straight downloads, others require you register with the publisher before being allowed to download: http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... s_and_SDKs

We have only built the client part of CWE up to now, so anyone working on the plugin is on their own. Cyan apparently used their own build scripts, not the MS Visual Studio projects; cjkelly1 amended the .sln files for the client build and wrote up some instructions, that you can probably use as a template: http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... _MSVC_2003
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yes, we're in fine shape with bandwidth, so I've removed the requirement that you needed to wait until your name appeared in the Account Queue posting. See that topic for more details.

_R
Septarius

Post by Septarius »

Nye_Sigismund wrote:Unless I'm very much mistaken, you need to create a blank repository first, then synchronise that blank repository with the Foundry. This is actually pretty simple once you wrap your mind the right way.

The issue I'm having is authorization problems. Maybe capitalization? Hmm.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:

1) Get the TortoiseHg program. Install it.
2) Boot it up. Create a new repository (File dropdown) in a new, blank, folder somewhere.
3) Click on that button in the top row that has two arrows curved around in a circle.
4) That should reveal a "Remote Repository" box. Put foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE into the first of the text fields then click the padlock.
5) Select the second option (the one with the Query button below it) and click Query
6) Put in your Jira user (lower case) and your password (case dependent)
7) Open the clone repository window from File.
8) Put https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE into the first box and a *different to the first* blank folder into the second.
9) Click "clone". Dance.

Anyway, as I'm not much of a code dev, I'm not going to attempt to mess with the files. I'll keep track, though, and contact some Computer Science friends to see if they're interested in helping you guys out. As a verifiably nerdish university student I have a wide variety of Comp Sci friends.

EDIT EDIT: Do you guys need a mirror for what's on there ATM? I've got the files uploaded on Hotfile if you're intested and worried about bandwidth.
I just figured this out also. I have never used TortoiseHg before this. I am in the process of making a tutorial to show these steps to hopefully update the guide at http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... stallation

EDIT I have edited the above section. I have images if anyone thinks that they could make it better. I didn't want to bother anyone to get them uploaded unless it was necessary.
Septarius
AKA Noga56 on the Cyan MOUL forums
RYANSUPERGENIUS1123

Post by RYANSUPERGENIUS1123 »

I'm still having problems with cloning these repositories. I followed the instructions really well. I opened up workbench. Then, I created a directory, and then clicked on "Synchronize", and then typed "https://foundry.openuru.org/hg/CWE" in the path box, and then clicked on the padlock, and then selected the second option, and clicked "Query", but it said "[Errno 10049] The requested address is not valid in its context", so I just typed the host fingerprint from the certificate installation page into the box instead, and then typed my username and password, and then I click on "Clone Repository" and then it says an error saying

Tortoise Hg Error
Error string " =
32:1b:b2:1c:9a:fe:d9:17:b0:78:76:ea:87:68:ad:1a:34:ab:a8:8e"
at C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan James\mercurial.ini:2
Please edit your config

What do I do now?

Return to “Management”