Put the Python in the repo

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
JWPlatt

Put the Python in the repo

Post by JWPlatt »

Somewhere I remember being asked about getting the Python scripts into the repo for work. I'd like to do this asap.

Would it be best to put it into a separate project repo, or add it as a folder to CWE for versioning, or what?
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Re: Put the Python in the repo

Post by rarified »

If they're the scripts I'm thinking about (SDL actions?) I think a seperate repo is appropriate. We can have multiple repositories as part of the "CWE Project" if we think they should track together. But this gets closer to a seperate "content" project IMHO.

We/I should look into any dependency facilities in the Atlassian tools. Such as "Content v.baseline" requires "CWE v.baseline".

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

rarified wrote:If they're the scripts I'm thinking about...
Everything in the scripts.zip download.
rarified wrote:But this gets closer to a seperate "content" project IMHO.
Right! Good point. I remember the discussion now, if not the whereabouts of it. CWE is the engine. MOULa is a product which runs on it. Like MQO. ;)
rarified wrote:We/I...
Definitely you on this one. ;)
a'moaca'

Post by a'moaca' »

The scripts should be in a separate repository. They are not bound to the CWE version. In fact, with the glue added in to the Python by a build process, they are *really* not bound.

It would only be if CWE is updated to a new version of Python which breaks something in the scripts, or it's made to not understand current .sdl/.age/.fni formats that any CWE/content version matching would come up.

- a'moaca'
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Actually until yesterday I had no idea that this part of the content had been released under GPL. :?

I have three small Python fixes that should work with CWE. I say "should" because obviously I have not been able to test them in a MOSS / CWE environment. I do know that they work on Alcugs shards since I submitted them to the Offline KI last year.

This is what I have:
  • xChatChannelRegion: People linking out of a closed egg room no longer lose their chat ability.
  • xKI: Senders of buddy messages are added to the Recents lists.
  • philBookshelf: Hut camera no longer affects others when a player activates the bookshelf. Bookshelf no longer stays locked when disengaged.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Cool. I'll get with rarified about trying to set this up tonight. That's probably too late for you today, sorry. But we'll get it ready for you.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Update:

The MOULSCRIPT project has been set up in JIRA. The main branch MOULSCRIPT repository is available for download. The developer branch repository MOULSCRIPT-dev is available for downloads, and for commit acces to qualified developers.

D'Lanor, you have commit access to MOULSCRIPT-dev.

The dev repo is where to commit your changes. If might be nice to limit your changesets to per-age instead of multiple ages. The current plan is that changesets committed by developers to MOULSCRIPT-dev will be reviewed and tested (if possible), then committed to MOULSCRIPT. We might change that landscape as we move along. See if you can follow the process from create issue to fix to submit for review. I haven't tried it yet myself, so no problem if you can't. We'll get it.

I just want to let you know that the process of getting commit rights to a main branch is still under review. I suspect, however, we might not want the committer to review and commit their own dev work to the main branch. We're exploring this as we go along, so any comments are appreciated.

Thanks to rarified for the setup.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Thanks, I think I just pushed out the first change.

It went under my real name though. So just turn the name around to identify the author. How can I change the author name in TortoiseHg?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Somewhere, either you do not have an hgrc or mercurial.ini file set up and 'ronald' is your login name on your machine, or your hgrc/mercurial.ini file has 'ronald' set as your username. Change that in Global and/or Repository Settings (right-click on repo for TortoiseHg> menu).

It's nothing we can't redo. If you want, PM rarified and he'll work out a rollback and fix with you.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Thanks. All is well now. I just pushed a second fix with D'Lanor as author name.

There is no need to fix the previous commit. My first name is no secret.

Return to “Management”