MOSS Test Shards

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
JWPlatt

MOSS Test Shards

Post by JWPlatt »

It was noted with some curiosity in the Python thread that we haven't seen any MOSS shards go public yet. But we have seen folks going through what it would take to set up a shard.

If you have a MOSS shard, or intend to start one, please let us know and we'll put it on a list here. Also list attributes or a brief description that you wish to place upon it, such as: name, private/invite-only/public, available for testing (again private/invite/public), repo clone, etc. We'll be particularly interested in those willing to allow testing because that's what will have the greatest value to the community right now.
Perfect speed is being there.
rplawrence

Re: MOSS Test Shards

Post by rplawrence »

Its all very fluid at the moment.

I have a shard running, but no client as yet. Windows development is a bit problematic at the moment.
It will be called the Windring shard. The plan is to make it open and to support Cyan content (not served as per licence restrictions) and fan content vetted by GoMa. Of course all this could change but I would prefer that Windring have a conservative setup.

I am very much open to creating another shard for testing. The only thing I would insist upon is that it would be invitation only.
Mystler

Post by Mystler »

I'm running a shard too, but it's only a private one. My hardware isn't that good for giving access to a lot of other people and i am testing a lot of stuff there.^^
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've started a wiki page to catalogue shards: http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... Shard_List

To be listed, a shard doesn't need to be running the MOSS software, just be a legitimate open source venture and serving only appropriately licensed content.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
MercAngel

Post by MercAngel »

Lost City Of Atlantis
MOSS
support Cyan content (not served as per license restrictions)
Public
Testing of Fan Ages, (Client, Or Python only a few can do this)
info can be found here http://atlantis.servegame.org/forums/index.php along with link to UruLauncher for access to shard NOTE:new users will have no access to forums until i move you to a new group this is to keep down on bots and spammers.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Registered. :) I'm the second member. Hoo yaa!

Would you mind if I put this through general OU announcement channels? (MOULa, FB, Twitter).
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Added to the shard list wiki page :D .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Just finished building an internal client for it. :D Hope it works.

Lyros
MOSS
Invitation
Yes
Cyan content (not served, as per license restrictions) and eventually minor changes (not to Cyan content).
http://uru.lyros.net/lyros/
Lyrositor (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1173)

The homepage contains instructions to connect. If you want an account, feel free to PM me (I'm building a script to automate this; shard will be kind of between Public and Invitation, since I will have to approve everyone on it, mostly because I like knowing who's who and also because I don't want to put too many users on it, since it's a small server). The server might be offline sometimes, when I turn off my server.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.

Return to “Management”