Content Licensing

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
Trekluver

Re: Content Licensing

Post by Trekluver »

This all sounds good to me. The only other thing I'd mention is that we could possibly lump the game dialog audio files in with the SFX license, but we'll have to look into it further.

On thing I'm curious about...
Deledrius wrote:...there was a question regarding the Peter Gabriel song used for Zandi's radio
Was this a question that you or OpenUru posed to them, or something else they've been asked in the past? :)
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

Not I. Based on what I was told I assume it's related to this post: viewtopic.php?p=6879#p6879
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

The situation regarding "Burn you up, Burn you down" is one that had been asked of Cyan more than once in recent months (that I know of), so it was probably well up in the memory so was cited, I guess, as an example of where things get complicated and Cyan aren't fully at liberty to do as they would like. I don't know if there are more things in the same boat or not but it'd seem prudent to assume that there may be: Hopefully not too many things or it could get a bit nightmarish trying to keep track of what's "in" and what's "out".

The questions that we asked Cyan in response to the last communication, mentioned here some while back, still weren't aswered this time round: As Deledrius commented, we've been asked to supply a couple of questions at a time to get best chance of a quickish reply, so I guess we'll need to fire those back again one or two at a time and see how we get on.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
GPNMilano

Post by GPNMilano »

I was perusing through the avatar documentation while trying to work out a way to animate that bone rigging so it doesn't take a decade to animate a single animation, and I came across something interesting. Cyan used a biped to animate their bones. When they released the rigging they did not release the biped they used that matched their skeleton rig. I'm wondering if we couldn't give Cyan a gentle nudge and ask them if the biped is something they can release along with the skeleton. This would make making new custom animations for both emotes and age use much simpler and easier than trying to rig up a new biped that will likely not match the skeleton Cyan gave us to rig stuff.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hmm... I guess we can ask, although from what I understand Chogon (who's most likely the person who'd need to prise that out from the archives) is pretty much snowed under with work right now so it might take time, assuming it is something they feel able to release.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
GPNMilano

Post by GPNMilano »

Mac_Fife wrote:Hmm... I guess we can ask, although from what I understand Chogon (who's most likely the person who'd need to prise that out from the archives) is pretty much snowed under with work right now so it might take time, assuming it is something they feel able to release.
No rush. Just figured it would be something useful (read: imperative) to have in order to properly and quickly make new avatar animations. It's also something that can probably be released fairly quickly as there's probably isn't any textures/meshes in the biped file. Just the biped itself, which I'm guessing is just like the wave animation file that's been released, just a biped object not a mesh object.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

On my to do list is to compile everything we have on licensing so far and put it up for public comment. But I have a significant project ahead of that. If nothing happens with the biped by the time I post the licensing info, would you please bring it up again? Other content also in the request queue are the female backward walk animation to debug severe jitter and the Nexus for Fan Content. I would think Andy Legate has some good knowledge and tutorials about avatars from his Mars Colony project.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “Management”