Content Licensing

CyanWorlds.com Engine Project Management
Christian Walther

Re: Content Licensing

Post by Christian Walther »

Ah, that’s a good example. While it would have been nice to have it on the formal request, I don’t think anything is lost, as it can still be added to the Additional Examples section of the wiki page. Would you like to do that?
OHB

Post by OHB »

Christian Walther wrote:Ah, that’s a good example. While it would have been nice to have it on the formal request, I don’t think anything is lost, as it can still be added to the Additional Examples section of the wiki page. Would you like to do that?
Probably not a bad idea.

Deledrius, when I said separate audio tracks, I wasn't referring to one per language. I was referring to having one for Atrus' speech, and one for the background music. That way we can create new audio using the existing background music track and adding new speech on top.
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

Ah, right! :oops: Well, that too! ;)
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Thanks for reminding me, OHB… I just added it, in a slightly expanded version of Branan’s wording: Cyan_Content_Licensing_Proposals#Bink_Video_Replacement
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I pinged Cyan today about the community request. Their response was instantaneous. What they say is, "We did receive it and it has been discussed. It is a complicated request and the best answer has not been forthcoming. We will continue to discuss and ponder until we see a clear direction." They are "not sure of the timing," so encouraged me to ping them again and signed off with "Thanks for your patience and time."

JW
Perfect speed is being there.
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

Thanks for the update, JW. :)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I think we can take the positive view on this that while it's not yet the answer that we'd like to see it does indicate that Cyan have read the request and, more importantly, seem to have grasped the scope of it, which was a concern expressed earlier in this thread.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
OHB

Post by OHB »

+1
Deledrius

Post by Deledrius »

Another month has passed. Any news from Cyan, perchance? :)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Umm, I'd guess that if JW had heard anything more then he would have posted. However I think the expectation was that we should re-prompt them every now and then.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “Management”