Post by JWPlatt »

Wow, that was fast. How cool is that?

Thanks rarified!
Perfect speed is being there.
Lyrositor

Re: Backporting H-uru changes to OU

Post by Lyrositor »

Thanks rarified! :D

I'm afraid your speed will go to waste for now, though, since I'm in kind of a mess with my branches. :? I'm figuring it out, though.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, I think I found a great technique! I've now got a clean branch and the appropriate PRs set up. First up, AFK clickables! Now to call my butler... :)

EDIT 2: Uhm... How do you start a build? :oops:

EDIT 3: Also, how do I tell it which branch to build?
And I forgot to specify the right build ID (912).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Right now it is configured to build the default branch (i.e. tip).

I can make the branch name configurable if that would make things easier.

Normally builds start as soon as Jenkins notices your repository has changed (on the branch it's building). It checks every 10 minutes.

_R

Edit: I just changed your branch to clickables-afk and started a build
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Skoader

Post by Skoader »

rarified wrote:It's time for me to remind folks that the foundry has the ability to use source code from repositories other than just those located on the foundry and maintained by OU.
Could I please have this setup for my CWE-ou repo?
rarified

Post by rarified »

Skoader wrote:Could I please have this setup for my CWE-ou repo?
Sure, give me a few minutes, and also post a branch or tag name you want to identify the source branch to use for the build.

Edit: Let's standardize before we get too crazy with names. Could you create a tag or branch named "foundrybuild" that will be used when Jenkins checks out from your repository. Lyrositor, could you do the same, please?
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Okay, I'm a bit busy tonight, but I'll do it as soon as I can.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Skoader

Post by Skoader »

rarified wrote:Could you create a tag or branch named "foundrybuild" that will be used when Jenkins checks out from your repository.
Done.

Thanks rarified!
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

rarified wrote:Could you create a tag or branch named "foundrybuild" that will be used when Jenkins checks out from your repository.
Uh, here too! :D Sorry, I forgot to mention it, I've been having trouble using hg-git.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
rarified

Post by rarified »

You both are set up, and your first builds have completed successfully.

Lyrositor, your project's main Jenkins page is at http://foundry.openuru.org/hudson/view/ ... r-Compile/.

Skoader, your project's main Jenkins page is at http://foundry.openuru.org/hudson/view/ ... r-Compile/. Ignore the fact your first build is marked Unstable -- it was a configuration error that marked it that way when the log parser found warnings in the compiler output. Subsequent builds will not be marked that way.

As I mentioned above, on the home page you should select the "default" configuration link to go to the job that compiled your code on the Win2k3Builder build environment. From there select one of the builds from your build history (artifacts will be available for the most recent two builds), and you can see the output from the compilation/build, retrieve your built files. If you log into Jenkins with your foundry credentials you will be able to see more details about your projects, as well as manually schedule a new build if you should like to do so.

Jenkins is polling Bitbucket every 10 minutes, so if a change is detected in your repository (i.e. if you created a "foundrybuild" branch and commited changes to that branch, or if you moved the "foundrybuild" tag to a new commit in your repository) Jenkins will automatically start a new build.

Let me know if you have questions, or if something doesn't appear to be working right. These builds are done exactly the same as the Minkata build (same libraries, same toolsets), except that none of the Minkata-specific patches are being applied.

_R
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Shouldn't these be made into internal builds, so that we can actually test them beyond just letting them compile?
EDIT: Dumb question: are they already internal builds?
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888

Return to “Management”