Ages produced by Korman 0.06+

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
Hoikas

Ages produced by Korman 0.06+

Post by Hoikas »

Ages produced by Korman 0.06 will not be able to function on the OpenURU client. You will want to backport H-uru/Plasma #533 for ages to function. Also, #555 is required for Korman produced subworlds to function.

These changes enable us to reduce our dependency on PhysX moving forward, indeed, the artist is now able to produce ages using Blender x64.
Hoikas

Re: Ages produced by Korman 0.06+

Post by Hoikas »

THIS IS WHAT'S CAUSING FAN AGES TO CRASH ON MINKATA. SHOUTING BECAUSE IT'S BEEN IGNORED.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Rarified, do you have a version of the GoMe Pub that was produced by Korman 0.06+ (preferably 0.08+, there’s no use in chasing old bugs)? The last files that I tested two years ago predated these additions, as far as I can tell, so what made them crash must have been something different that may or may not have been fixed in the meantime.
rarified

Post by rarified »

1) Hoikas, I still have your information filed away. I just have not yet made any rebuilds of the client yet. First priority was to get the primary and alpha servers running.

2) CW, No - I think my Pub is earlier than that. And I was going to ask Doobes for a current copy when I was ready.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
cjkelly1

Post by cjkelly1 »

I backported 533 and 555 to my CWE-ou tree, and then loaded Fehnir House, Tre’bivdil, and Vothol Gallery into MOSS, since they are tested and working on Gehn. They loaded with no client crashes. It was (as I expected) necessary to load the updated xJournalBookGUIPopup.py from H'Uru/Plasma, so that the Fehnir House journals would work.

I then became curious, so also connected with the CWE-ou internal client from the Jenkins build server, and the three user ages did not crash the client. This probably does not help much with the Doobes Pub crash problem, but does verify that MOSS and the CWE-ou client will load user ages without crashing the client. I am not sure if anyone has attempted to load user ages with MOSS/CWE-ou yet, which is the only reason I am posting my observations.

As a side note, when the 533 and 555 get merged into the CWE-ou tree, remember to also check the python for any additional required changes.
rarified

Post by rarified »

cjkelly1 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:34 am I backported 533 and 555 to my CWE-ou tree, and then loaded Fehnir House, Tre’bivdil, and Vothol Gallery into MOSS, since they are tested and working on Gehn. They loaded with no client crashes. It was (as I expected) necessary to load the updated xJournalBookGUIPopup.py from H'Uru/Plasma, so that the Fehnir House journals would work

This is indeed promising news. There have been some client additions (I think) since I tried last with Doobes' age, but not much I would say is significant.

Now I know who to tap when I get back to age loading after finishing work on the build automation pipeline 8-)

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

For reference, Vothol Gallery was produced with the Plasma Max plugin while Tre'bivdil and Fehnir House were built in Blender 2.49b+PyPRP and converted to the MOUL format using libHSPlasma. Korman uses a newer build of libHSPlasma under the hood.

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”