What needs to be done with the Plugin?

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
Nye_Sigismund

Re: What needs to be done with the Plugin?

Post by Nye_Sigismund »

Speaking from a content development perspective - having to port Llantern from Max 8 to Max 7 if I got the call to get it MOULa ready would be tricky, and a large amount of work. It sucks, but hey - if it gets on to MOULa, I'd be happy jumping through a few hoops!

One day, maybe a little way down the road, Cyan will make a new build machine with a new Max version. That is $3,500. To be fair, that's not an impossible goal for a donation drive either.

Anyway, just a general update on the plugin for those interested. Hoikas did an excellent and fast job moving the Max plugin to modern versions of Max. It's pretty close to feature-complete, although it's not quite there yet.
Huw Dawson
Team Member
Team OSCAR
Chisaipete

Re: What needs to be done with the Plugin?

Post by Chisaipete »

Nye_Sigismund wrote: One day, maybe a little way down the road, Cyan will make a new build machine with a new Max version. That is $3,500.
From my experience with Autodesk licensing 3500 is a very fluid number. That's more like a ceiling--there are tons of purchasing options (upgrades/membership/subscription) it totally depends of their purchasing account/agreement with Autodesk. If it is defunct, then the ceiling is probably accurate, otherwise it's lower.

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”