Getting OpenURU CWE client working

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
Valdez

Getting OpenURU CWE client working

Post by Valdez »

Hello folks! Thanks again for the help with the MOSS server (which appears to be working like a charm right now). I have now run into some errors however trying to get the OpenURU CWE client working. I have built all the libraries correctly and the exe's built correctly as well and I came across no errors whatsoever. When I tried running UruLauncher.exe on my laptop running Windows 7 it would crash almost right away at the login screen in UruExplorer.exe (and yes, I have all the proper DLLs along with the EXEs). No amount of compatibility settings kept it from doing so. There were no call stacks and no errors thrown. It just crashed with Windows telling me the program stopped working.

I then tried it on my computer running Windows Vista and it worked without problem logging in and everything. Whilst inside the game however at the book loading screen (after the UPDATING: 0 SECONDS REMAINING screen), it crashed soon after with a stack dump:

Code: Select all

UruLive.Live.1.902 - External.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
 0x76A9F13C
  0x0087F538
   0x004572BC
    0x00456E2B
     0x0052BC60
      0x0053417C
       0x004649DA
        0x00505A3F
         0x005528E4
          0x00551FA6
           0x0054D7E8
            0x006D69B4
             0x006D65C5
              0x006DE791
I got this same one each time I tried. I also noticed that the Auth server logs said that the client was requesting non-existent SDL files. It did this for every single one, and the directory it specified was SDL/*.sdl for every single one. The account I'm using has been given the "default" account setting and the mbam manifests are correct and the SDL and python folders have the encrypted SDLs and .pak files in them, which are located in default along with encryption.key and the mbams. Everything's set up correctly so I do not see what is wrong. I realize it isn't asking for default/SDL/*.sdl but even if I put the SDL folder into 'auth' it still cannot be found.

Any ideas or solutions? I'm eager to finally get this shard running!

Thanks,
Valdez
MercAngel

Re: Getting OpenURU CWE client working

Post by MercAngel »

make sure you have the right Physx installed i had a few user the had the same thing happen on mine.

her is a like to a version i think works
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_8.09.04_whql.html

i have my folder setup as

Code: Select all

auth
     default (this in the auth folder)
              Python (this is in the default folder)
                      python.pak (this is in the Python Folder)
              SDL (this is in the default folder)
                      All the SDL files (this is in the SDL folder)
              Python.mbam (this is in the default folder)
              SDL.mbam (this is in the default folder)
              encryption.key (this is in the default folder)
Valdez

Post by Valdez »

That's exactly how my auth folder is laid out currently. I actually have a much newer version of those drivers (9.10.0514). Would the downgrade actually matter? As I am a gamer and I do play games that use PhysX and don't really want to have to downgrade those drivers that much.
MercAngel

Post by MercAngel »

i use the newer version also so you should not have to downgrade.

as for the file not being found i have no clue.

and have you been on my shard yet if not go and grab my client and give mine a try if you get the same error something in up with your windows computer if you get in ok then it is ether your server setup or your compiled client.

link for shard is on the wiki under the Open Source Shard List
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Mod note: I moved this thread to the Client & Plugin forum, since it was more appropriate here than in the MOSS forum ;) .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Valdez

Post by Valdez »

I tried getting onto your shard but UruLauncher got stuck downloading at 5:39 min/sec left. I tried again and then it said it couldn't create a file. I made a new folder and put the launcher and files in there and it just got stuck again at the exact same time. I do not think that's my computer's fault, however. :P
Valdez

Post by Valdez »

I just tried my client on another computer of mine running XP with the correct PhysX drivers plus DX redist and the exact same error occurred. I do not think my computer is at fault. Something must be wrong with the server/client. I am suspecting the lack of auth SDL downloads.

EDIT: Just in case there was confusion, this post is referring to MY shard's client.
Last edited by Valdez on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Valdez wrote:I tried getting onto your shard but UruLauncher got stuck downloading at 5:39 min/sec left. I tried again and then it said it couldn't create a file. I made a new folder and put the launcher and files in there and it just got stuck again at the exact same time. I do not think that's my computer's fault, however. :P
This wouldn't happen to be the bahro caves file? Somehow after MOULa updated to v1.902 it fails to download this new file. Just delete TOS.txt in your MOULa installation and let it update. Then copy the new file(s) to your Atlantis shard installation.
Skoader

Post by Skoader »

I'm not yet familiar with MOSS so can't really help there.

Are the python files being downloaded?
What compiler are you using to build your client?
Valdez

Post by Valdez »

None of the auth SDL or Python.pak (although no request is actually being made for Python.pak) are being downloaded from the auth server. As I said, when the auth server tries to find them, it claims it cannot find a single one (and they are all in the directory SDL/*.sdl). The client was built with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 just like in the tutorial.

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”