vs2010 build

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
MustardJeep

Re: vs2010 build

Post by MustardJeep »

Well you were right, a handful of files were on the server build setting for some reason.

Had a bit of a jump once I flipped them all over to the same release type.

4/97 to go. :o
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

One thing that may be worth keeping in mind here is that the solution files might not all work even with VS.Net 2003, since Cyan don't actually use them and therefore didn't maintain them (they have their own custom "build engine" they use). For the initial CWE release, cjkelly1 worked only on getting the external client to build since that's what most people would probably need first (viewtopic.php?f=91&t=498). Later, Mystler sorted out the plPythonPack and plFileSecure stuff (viewtopic.php?f=92&t=552).

I'm pretty sure the H'uru guys have pretty much all the parts and configurations buildable now and, as Hoikas noted on page one of this thread, in various flavours of VS, max3DS, etc.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
MustardJeep

Post by MustardJeep »

Ack taking a hobby with a grain of salt?!?!?!?!..........Noooooooooooooooooo :lol:

Yeah already way ahead of you on that one Mac_Fife I figured from the start that most probably none of it would compile cleanly on the first go round; My running the AllClient project first is the scratch run to get into the groove of things. If figure going at it from Rev0 like I am and redoing the work others did is pretty much the best way to get familiar with Plasma with the least amount of heart ache.

Now that I am down to three errors on AllClient I'm already planning on how to do the project by project approach.

Thanks for the nudges.
MustardJeep

Post by MustardJeep »

Huh is there a EAX library that I should of grabbed?

lots of little eax taged files missing. :?:
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

EAX (not free) was removed and replaced with OpenAL to make the client buildable. If you happen to have EAX, as Cyan does, set EAX_SDK_AVAILABLE to use it. Otherwise, disable it.
Perfect speed is being there.
MustardJeep

Post by MustardJeep »

snagged a copy, have to say it slotted in a lot less painfully then the jpeg replacement.

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”