Cyan Worlds Pushes Update To CWE/MOULSCRIPT

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
JWPlatt

Cyan Worlds Pushes Update To CWE/MOULSCRIPT

Post by JWPlatt »

Hi folks. Chogon has pushed a few changes today to CWE and MOULSCRIPT that are destined for MOULa. These will be carried over to CWE-ou and MOULSCRIPT-ou in addition to the coming update for unicode and a few other things.

CWE Notes:
Added Donate button to the login screen
Added fixes from Christian Walther for the Python SDL tuples
Added plLocalizationEditor source and project

The Localization Editor has been added to the sources. This was unintentionally omitted from the original source distribution. Thanks Chogon!

MOULSCRIPT Notes:
Minkata Sparklie fix from D'Lanor. This is in concert with Cyan's internal fix to Minkata.
Perfect speed is being there.
Christian Walther

Re: Cyan Worlds Pushes Update To CWE/MOULSCRIPT

Post by Christian Walther »

I don’t see my Python SDL tuple fix in these commits. It’s not really important since the bug doesn’t usually manifest itself with Python 2.3, but the discrepance between the commit message and the commit contents makes me suspect something didn’t go as intended here.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Indeed.

See CWE now. "Christian Walther's Python SDL fixes - for real this time."
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Looks good now – that was quick! 8-)
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'm going to refrain from importing these directly into CWE-ou for now; I'll deal with the merge issues when CWE-ou (selected) content gets promoted to CWE when Chogon decides what to take for the next update.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
branan

Post by branan »

As somebody who has to deal with cherry-picking and merging, it would be awesome if Cyan could push multiple commits when they're pushing multiple fixes. It's painful enough trying to merge between OU and H-URU already. I would hope those are multiple commits in their internal VCS and this wouldn't be a huge burden. Just my $0.02

Obviously if it would be particularly painful for Chogon to do this I wouldn't expect it, but it would be incredibly helpful. I suspect it would make rarified's job easier as well?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Agreed. We're asking the same thing of the devs - one feature or fix per changeset - so we'll ask the same thing of Cyan. That was achieved accidentally this time with Christian's work getting added later. It would have been nice to have the Localization Editor committed separately too. All Chogon has to do is remember to do it intentionally. ;)
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Even if the changes aren't made atomically, it still ought to be possible to commit them atomically. It is in git anyway (git add -p).

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”