Media Content Player (VP8 versus libavcodec)

Discussions About CyanWorlds.com Engine Client & Plugin
rarified

Re: Media Content Player (VP8 versus libavcodec)

Post by rarified »

The foundry windows build machine uses VS2003 by default to be identical to Cyan's environment, but it does have VS versions up through 2010 installed, and I have downloaded a copy of the community VS2013 edition.

So there is no reason we can't start some builds using those tools in exploration of how different it will be from the existing VS2003 projects to set up, aside from a bit of time and effort.

Adding VS2013 is on my list as I am refreshing the foundry tools right now during the holidays.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Does that include JIRA and Fisheye links?
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

JWPlatt wrote:Does that include JIRA and Fisheye links?
Indeed. JIRA has already been brought up to date, Fisheye has been reset (unfortunately the few comments tied to source in the old repositories will be lost) and I'm linking it to the new repositories. When that is done, Jenkins is about 100 revisions out of date -- the automatic update system started failing to update the existing Jenkins around then -- so all Jenkins tasks will be moved to a new clean installation.

That will give me some better plugins to deal with native Microsoft as well as cross platform builds.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

After slight moratorium due to real life, VP9/Opus has merged into H-uru/Plasma.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

We should all have more holidays. Holidays seem to help make things happen ;)
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

The intro video issue was raised on the MOULa forums, since it works on Ghen, and I posted something of a summary about this thread there. I hope I got it reasonably right. Cross-posting here:
JWPlatt wrote:An open source audio/video codec was problematic. FFmpeg/libavcodec was initially proposed because it could play the Bink videos. There were issues. Google's VP8 was then considered, but it went through a series of industry challenges. Ultimately, H'uru used the WebM Movie Player solution with VP9/Opus. WebM is an open, royalty-free, media file format designed for the web. H'uru later merged VP9/Opus into H-uru/Plasma.

The progression of that discussion and H'uru's development efforts are summarized pretty well here in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=849

Hoikas' initial OU post about the VP9/Opus effort:
Hoikas wrote:#458 (WebM using VP9 and Opus) is now open for discussion on the H-uru repository after contributions from Luna, Mystler, Branan, Deledrius, and myself. A true collaborative effort.
It appears OpenUru.org's Foundry needs to pull in H'uru's work. Since the Foundry is producing the MOULa client, it does make that more possible. It is easier said that done in finding the time and making it happen.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “CyanWorlds.com Engine - Client & Plugin”